PDA

View Full Version : Bet the river ?

Thomsen
04-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Could not find the converter someone pls give me a linkt to it...thanks, now to the hand -

3/6 TexasHTGameTable (Limit) - Sun Apr 04 16:26:29 EDT 2004
Table Gold canyon (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Dealt to Thomsen in EP Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
fold
fold
Thomsen calls (3)
fold.
fold.
MP calls (3)
LMP raises (6) to 6
Button raises (9) to 9
SB folds.
BB folds.
TCBourne calls (6) (is this correct ????)
MP folds.
LMP calls (3)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 9d, Kh, Th ]
Thomsen bets (3)
LMP raises (6) to 6
Button calls (6)
Thomsen raises (6) to 9
LMP raises (6) to 12
Button calls (6)
Thomsen calls (3)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2d ]
Thomsen bets (6)
LMP raises (12) to 12
Button calls (12)
Thomsen raises (12) to 18
LMP calls (6)
Button calls (6)
** Dealing River ** : [ 8d ]
Thomsen checks. (afraid of AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

Sometimes when i get into a good position like this I get sucked out in the end....I think that is why i checked the river. What I would like to know is - should i have bet it ? And if raised what is my reaction to this ?

Haupt_234
04-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Link to converter: http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

Alright, now PF this is an easy fold after a raise and a re-raise when you are out of position. You are praying that you hit a straight or flush on the flop, which has a good possibility of still being outdrawn (you flopped the nuts and were still scared by the river).

I would bet the river 100% of the time, and possibly go ahead and 3-bet it if raised since there is no boat out and only a back door flush. It is possible for someone to have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but so unlikely that you shouldn't slow down on the river for it.

The same opponent is giving you unlimited action (did he have a set of Kings?) and the button takes the role of a calling station. I would bet the flop and especially look for what the button player does, as he seems to be drawing. 3-bet a raise from LMP and call a raise from the button.

Hope this helps.

Haupt_234