PDA

View Full Version : Any other way to play this?

NLSoldier
04-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP raises, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, MP raises, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (17 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP bets, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP bets, Button raises, Hero folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 24 BB, between MP and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP (24 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP shows 8c 8d (three of a kind, eights).
Button shows 5d 5s (three of a kind, fives).
Outcome: MP wins 24 BB. </font>

Im not sure if anyone would do anything too different here...maybe im just a little mad that i lost one of the bigger 5/10 hands ive seen to a 2-outer /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Any comments apreciated.

calvin
04-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Dave,

Since we come from the same poker school of thought, I would have to say you played this hand fairly well.

Preflop: routine.

Flop: usually routine, but I would start to be a little concerned when two players come along with a cap.

Turn: I think you can consider folding here against reasonable players. Then again, you are closing the action and the pot is huge, but you may be drawing dead now.

River: Easy fold.

We've had the 5/10 vs. 1/2 conversation a few times, and I think the higher limit tends to make us both focus on the money, rather than bets, or what may be the best play. I think you are starting to adjust to the limit, though, and starting to make the correct decsions without being as worried about the money involved. I'll look forward to seeing some more hands; with these players, I think our motto should remain: think 1/2, play 5/10.

Calvin

Vazh
04-05-2004, 04:28 PM
I'd probably bet the turn and fold to a raise. MP could have JJ and be just as scared of the ace as you were. If this is a bad idea I hope someone tells me because I do this often in this situation.