PDA

View Full Version : Huge pot

Nate tha' Great
04-04-2004, 09:02 AM
10-20 5-handed at Party. The relevant factor here is that UTG is behaving manically, raising I'd guess 40-50% of his hands before the flop. The player between us is currently away, so I get to act immediately after him, and have been attempting to isolate with mixed success. By that I mean that UTG has the table so riled up that the other folks are often calling multiple bets cold.

Anyway, UTG open-raises, and I 3-bet on the CO with A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. The Button calls three cold, as does the SB. BB is sane and mucks. UTG caps (means little) and we all call.

Flop is a pleasant 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB bets out, UTG calls, I raise, Button folds and SB and UTG call.

Turn is 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB checks, but UTG comes to life and bets. I raise, SB calls two, UTG 3-bets, I call and SB calls.

River is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Checked to me (uh, okay) and I bet.

Maybe this one is boring.

gonores
04-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Looks fine to me. I'm going to guess UTG paid you off with 43s, and SB had a lower ace.

I don't see how you could get more money in the pot vs. a maniac with TPGK, so you played it fine.

Nate tha' Great
04-04-2004, 05:08 PM
I guess the only question is whether I should have capped the turn for value and/or in an effort to fold out SB and prevent him from rivering a two pair hand of some kind.

doggin
04-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Hi Nate, I bird dogged you a little on Party 5/10.
I asked if you posted on 2+2 and you said you did, I told you the named looked familiar.
I dropped a lot of money on 5/10 the next day, 75 BB in
about 3 hours time. I tried all the aggression when I hit
TPTK, open enders, four flushes, two pair, in those 3 hours
hand after hand after hand went crashing down.
What made my loss even possible in the first place was the
fact I ventured up to 5/10 SH and won 200 the very first
20 minutes, thought this is me. Went back about 4 hours later and played another 30 minutes and won another 200.
Wow. I have arrived. I've read every post on this board
and soaked up all I can on this short handed forum.
Never had the 300 BB bank roll, who the hell needs it,
I can flat play here with these boys.
Next morning I hit 5/10 for another 20 minutes and added another 80 bucks to my account, after a few hours away
I hit it again for another 125 dollars in a half hour.
4 for 4 sessions in the black, way too good.
Anyway, that afternoon, in 3 hours I gave it all and then some right back. Damn! And I enjoy 6 max so much more than
any other form of poker, it's fast and exciting, or it
was for a short while anyway, for me that is.
75 big bets in an afternoon. I have to get over it.
Nothing hit. For three 250 dollar buy-ins. Nothing hit.
Rant over. But please do comment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jerrybai125
04-04-2004, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Never had the 300 BB bank roll, who the hell needs it,
I can flat play here with these boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how important it is to have a big bankroll for these 6 max games, it doesnt matter if you can play with "these boys".

Ulysses
04-04-2004, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rant over. But please do comment. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Play lower limits 'til you have a reasonable bankroll. Losing $500 is nothing in the 5-10 6-max. Losing $1500 is pretty easy.

If you are capable of beating 5-10 6-max, you should be able to beat 1-2 6-max (4-tabling) for $25/hr. Play 20hrs/wk for a month and you'll have over $2000. Then you can comfortably take shots at the 5-10 (and drop down if you hit a bad streak).

stripsqueez
04-04-2004, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess the only question is whether I should have capped the turn for value and/or in an effort to fold out SB and prevent him from rivering a two pair hand of some kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the same SB who called the pre-flop 3 bet and turn raise - either the SB has a better hand than you in which case he isnt folding or he is a goose in which case he isnt folding

i think getting 3 bets in 3 way on the turn with 1 pair is sufficent - call me conservative

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Your Mom
04-05-2004, 12:25 AM
I really don't even think 300 BB's is enough for Party 5/10 SH. Swings are gigantic. You will lose 1000 in a night sometimes. I think 500 BB's sounds about right.