PDA

View Full Version : 17 outs on the turn

bakku
04-04-2004, 06:12 AM
Ocean's 11 3/6 (plays like an online $0.25/$0.50 table so i'm posting here)

LP is a LAG, and reads like an open book

Preflop
i'm dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif and raise UTG, LP cold calls, BB calls all-in

Flop
6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i bet, LP calls (he completely missed the flop)

Turn
J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i bet, LP says "I'm gonna raise to see what you've got." While putting 12 chips into the pot he announces "If you can't reraise me I win" (he's got a pair of jacks with a crap kicker)

i'm 90% sure my overcard outs are good and i also have the gutshot and nut flush draw so that's 17 outs. Should i reraise or call the turn?

umdpoker
04-04-2004, 06:28 AM
with 17 outs and 1 card to come headsup, i would just call. this is, of course, unless you think he has a decent chance of folding here. however, you describe him as lag, so that isn't very likely. he would have to be willing to fold a pretty high % of the time to make it worthwhile, especially since he might cap it. he has position, so you won't be able to get a free showdown if you miss.(aq might be good here if he is truly maniacal). i would call. what did you do?

Tosh
04-04-2004, 06:32 AM
The only reason for a reraise is if he could throw away those jacks. Only you know that but I would be surprised given the game description.