PDA

View Full Version : should have folded preflop other mistakes

jdl22
04-04-2004, 03:28 AM
Got QTs UTG which should have probably been a fold preflop. Flopped two pair and faced the oft talked about min raise on the flop. Called it down which was perhaps not the best move whether I was ahead or not. What do you guys and gals think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($95.19)
CO ($18)
Button ($30.80)
SB ($20.25)
BB ($30.65)
Hero ($65.80)
MP1 ($28.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, CO folds, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $6</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($15) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($25) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $45
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $45, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button ($45).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ts Qs (two pair, queens and tens).
Button shows Jc 9s (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Button wins $45. </font>

muzungu
04-04-2004, 04:39 AM
Umm... results aside, what are you doing here??

Flop: you have top 2 on a draw-heavy board. He could be semi-bluffing to pick up a free card on the turn. Reraise!

Turn: Phew, a blank. OK, you're going for the checkraise- nice. But you don't raise! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

River: Again- check/call. Ok, he could have rivered you- he could have aces up or KJ for the str8. All the more reason to have bet more earlier.

Top 2 is a pretty big hand. In this instance, he flopped a monster, but in general, you need to be puttting more of your guys in the pot on a hand like this. Party has a lot of loose-passive players who will call big bets on draws or top pair- you should be taking advantage of this! I would have reraised the button on the flop and had them all-in there or on the turn. Of course, I would have lost more, but that's not the important thing here...

-muz

SomeName
04-04-2004, 11:57 AM
personally i would have lost alot of money to the man lucky enough to have flopped a straight against my two pair.