PDA

View Full Version : Question About our Home Tourneys

rocketman
04-04-2004, 01:57 AM
We play tourneys staring out with 50 chips, blinds starting out at 1/2 then 2/4, 3/6, 4/8, 6/12, 5/10 etc... usually with about 10 people but never more than 20. My first question: what do you think about this tourney structure? How could we make it better? My other questions deal with this hand that came up. We started out with 16 people. We had two tables of 8 and combinded tables when it was down to 8 players. It was down to 6 where top 4 get paid. 4th got their money back. I was on one of the shorter to average stacks with about 100 in chips. Blinds were 6/12. I had K6 in the small blind. It folds around to me, I raise 12 (on a steal IMO). The big blind calls with about 70 in chips. Flop comes 55K. First, what would have been correct to do here? I bet 20. He thinks for a long time, then goes all in. What do you do here? I called, thinking he was bluffing trying to pick up a big pot with his short stack. Turns out he had J5 suited and I'm out of the tourney. I'd appreciate any help.