PDA

View Full Version : Bet the river?

Demian
04-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Would you normally bet the river here? Not much known about the BB at this point. Was just coming off a bad session and didn't like the prospect of a CR. Would you still bet if a club had come instead? Can you fold to a CR in either case?

Does an average player usually bet out when they make trips or a flush on the river or go for the CR? Is there a standard here that goes with a certain kind of player do you think?

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac Th (two pair, aces and nines).
BB shows 3c 2c (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 7 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
04-03-2004, 10:11 PM
i always bet the river and i usually bet the river when a club falls - very rare for me to bet the river thinking i win and then fold to a raise

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

BookOfIcculus
04-04-2004, 12:54 AM
On this hand you win no more money by betting the river but you have to bet when your are this far ahead. It is important to be able to distingish between drawing raise and a made raise usually but not always when it is checked to you it is a drwning raise .