PDA

View Full Version : Fold turn whan caller bets out?

Demian
04-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Should this be an easy fold on the turn given no real read on MP. The BB here was terrible, capable of having anything at all and almost always sticking around till the river. I got confused for a moment when MP bet out the turn and wasn't sure what i wanted to do so i just called. Anyone have any general feelings about situations when an average player suddenly leads the turn? More likely to be a bluff than a CR i think, but here maybe it just looks like he doesn't want it to get checked through. Fortunately the BB's idiotic river play prevented me from making another stupid call.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP raises, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP bets, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, MP raises, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.25 BB, between BB and MP.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP (13.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 3s 2h (two pair, jacks and twos).
MP shows Kh Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: MP wins 13.25 BB. </font>

Nate tha' Great
04-03-2004, 10:04 PM
With the third player in the hand, I'd prefer to raise, and take a free showdown if I could get one, rather than to call. If the pot was smaller, I'd prefer folding.

BookOfIcculus
04-04-2004, 01:07 AM
Should this be an easy fold on the turn.

No way in hell is this an EASY fold. Sometimes it's a fold other times its a call,or raise. The river is an easy fold tho.