PDA

View Full Version : call call call with AQ

jdl22
04-03-2004, 06:53 PM
This was one of those "I'm calling because I don't know what else to do" hands. I didn't feel I could fold this, but I didn't feel strong enough to raise. I think I should have raised the river, but I'm not sure about the other streets.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($40.90)
SB ($21.73)
BB ($24)
UTG ($25.90)
UTG+1 ($19.75)
MP1 ($25)
Hero ($59.85)
MP3 ($42.40)
CO ($113.83)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, Hero calls $0.50, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, SB calls $1, BB folds.

Turn: ($5) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3, SB folds.

River: ($11) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

Final Pot: $23
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $23, between MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero ($23).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows 9d Ad (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero shows Ah Qd (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins $23. </font>

Gomez22
04-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Why no flop raise? I can't quite figure that one out. He underbet the pot on the flop then again on the turn.... I think I'd fire a raise on the flop, of at least the size of the pot and see his reaction. You still have position on him here. Just curious, I guess.....

jdl22
04-03-2004, 09:03 PM
There are two reasons which may or may not be good ones.

The first is that I have issues with AQ. This I simply need to get over. I am too worried about having second best hand with it.

The second is that the pot was tiny. I make a raise and I win a buck and a half. Plus I will have no clue what to do if reraised and I would probably drop it with any sort of raise.

Again, not sure if I'm right at all which is why I posted this hand.

Gomez22
04-03-2004, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first is that I have issues with AQ. This I simply need to get over. I am too worried about having second best hand with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Join the crowd....

[ QUOTE ]
The second is that the pot was tiny. I make a raise and I win a buck and a half. Plus I will have no clue what to do if reraised and I would probably drop it with any sort of raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better a tiny pot than no pot at all, but I understand what you're saying. Most players at Party won't normally re-raise unless they have a monster, and won't even bet into you if you check it down from the flop on. At least in my experience they won't. They may call you down with bottom pair and stick it in yer arse on the river, but they normally don't play back unless they have monsters.

Me... I woulda raised the flop, and if called, proceeded with great caution. Hell, I'd be happy to take down the blinds with AQo.....