PDA

View Full Version : betting a straight draw

greenage
04-03-2004, 03:44 PM
NL, $.50 BB, 10 handed.

Preflop: Hero is LMP with T9s.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, EMP calls, MP folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes and BB checks.

I have the Button now.

Flop($3.00, 6 players): K, 8, 7 - rainbow.
Checked to Hero (~$37) who bets $1. Only UTG+2 (~$28) calls.

<font color="blue">I assume most bet here? How much is good? I just don't know how to price my bets when I'm drawing.</font>

Turn($5.00, 2 players): 9 - 2 flush/not my suit.
UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $2, UTG+2 folds.

<font color="blue">Same question here about pricing the bet. I think I'm betting my 2nd pair (of 9's) as much(more?) than I'm betting my outs/additional outs. Well, the board has gotten a little scary as well.

I know this is a simple hand but it does bring up the question of betting a draw.</font>

Any comments would be appreciated.

jrobb83
04-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Bet the same regardless of whether you are on a draw/ have a hand/ are bluffing. Especially if you find yourself playing the same opponents often. A pot-sized bet is most people's favored betting size.

If I'm last to act and checked to here, I'd be inclined to bet against loose passive players and take a freebie agaisnt tricky ones.

Paul2432
04-03-2004, 04:13 PM
In general bet the same amount you would with other hands. Around the size of the pot is usually correct. Part of the value in betting your straight draw is that your opponents might fold. If you bet so little that they will call with almost anything you have given up that value.

Paul