PDA

View Full Version : What to do...what to do...

triplc
04-03-2004, 03:43 PM
10+1 Stars SnG...Myself and a loose cannon manage to get about 6500 of the available chips (he has around 3400...me 3100). Blinds are 50/100 and I get A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button.

Loose Cannon is UTG and comes in for a min raise of 200. I reraise to T500 and he pushes in. He has me covered (as mentioned before)...

Results later.

CCC

NotMitch
04-03-2004, 04:19 PM
How many players left?

triplc
04-03-2004, 06:09 PM
There were 7 of us left.

Sorry...that is important now isn't it.

CCC

David BB
04-03-2004, 06:27 PM
I'd fold. Theres no reason you should risk your entire tournament on a coinflip. AK, even suited, isn't a great hand to call an all-in of that size with.

I'm not sure what your small re-raise was supposed to do. Did you think he would even consider folding? Did you think about what you would do if he re-raised you all-in?

I'd rather just call his min raise and see a flop with positional advantage.

TylerD
04-03-2004, 06:37 PM
I fold, you're probably facing a coin flip but a min raise from early position then a big raise over the top would usually mean KK or AA. Its not worth giving up your big stack in a situation like this, you can get away from the hand and still have plenty of ammunition.

NotMitch
04-03-2004, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There were 7 of us left.

Sorry...that is important now isn't it.

CCC

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold, no need to get involved with the other big stack.

ThaSaltCracka
04-04-2004, 03:41 AM
I think you fold as well. Your stack is pretty nice, even though you invested 500 all ready. I agree with Notmitch, no need to get involved with the other big stack. Although I think a lot of people might call in this situation.

Cornbread Maxwell
04-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Don't raise with a hand that you gain very little from by re-raising, and definitely don't raise with a hand that you would hate to have to fold if re-raised. Here you probably can fold but it depends on your read.

Al_Capone_Junior
04-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Because you described him as a loose cannon, I would call without much doubt. If he actually has a hand, well then you'll just have to get beat. But I think you'll be ahead more often than not here. If he had been playing in a more reasonable fashion I might feel differently.

One thing you didn't mention was how many players were left. If it's bubble time, or there are several very short stacks, then laying down might be a better play.

al

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-04-2004, 03:51 PM
The big question is this: Is a min-raise unusual for him? If it's his standard raise and he's been doing it a lot, I think it's an easy call (in this case, I'd have made it 800 to go). If he's been raising a bigger multiple of the BB most of the time, I'd just call the min-raise and see the flop.