PDA

View Full Version : PLO8 - where did i screw up?

crockpot
04-03-2004, 03:06 PM
A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 K in SB on party $25. four limpers, i limp, BB checks.

flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

checked to LAG in LP who bets pot of $3, i call, two more callers. LAG has about $16 behind, i have $22, others have me covered.

turn: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked to LAG, pot bet, i call, one more caller.

river: A /images/graemlins/club.gif.

checked to LAG, he bets $2.50 all in, i call, other player calls.

let me have it. there were a lot of times i could have made a different play than i actually did, so i'm ready for whatever you can dish out.

Paul2432
04-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Interesting hand.

Pre-flop: nothing unusual here.

Flop: I would consider betting out here.

Turn: I think you should bet out or check-fold. Bet if you think your two pair is good, check-fold otherwise. The odds aren't there to draw.

River: With top two pair you have to make a crying call for just $2.50 more.

Question for you: On your website you say that in PLO8 calling is almost always wrong after the flop. What about this hand made you change that strategy?

Paul

crockpot
04-03-2004, 05:34 PM
well, the simple answer is i think i played wrong, which is why i posted here.

with this particular hand, i saw no reason to raise the turn. the bettor has under $3 left, so he will call no matter what with a hand that probably beats mine. and with a two way nut draw i don't want to give lesser draws any reason to fold.

but calling at all on the turn is definitely the most questionable play of the hand. anyone want to comment?