PDA

View Full Version : Totally Confused with KK

Warik
04-03-2004, 05:31 AM
Preflop was standard but I was completely lost on what to do postflop. In my confusion I put on my skirt and called down. Do I fold this at any time? My guess was a flush draw or aces but... well, you'll see the results at the bottom.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (22.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (22.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 26.50 BB, between Button, SB, UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (26.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 4s 4c (three of a kind, fours).
UTG shows 6s 5h (straight, eight high).
Hero shows Kd Kc (one pair, kings).
Button shows Jc Jd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: UTG wins 26.50 BB. </font>

SpaceAce
04-03-2004, 06:56 AM
I three-bet the flop and lead out on the turn if checked to. If the flop is capped and there is a bet and a raise to you on the turn, you can probably drop your Kings unless you are getting fantastic odds to call two bets cold to try and spike a set. If you get check-raised on the turn you'll have to play it by ear.

SpaceAce