PDA

View Full Version : I flop the set, but am lost...help!

Alobar
04-03-2004, 02:02 AM
no real reads, typical action from what I can tell. I have zero clue as on how to play this, so please any help would be great

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between SB, MP1 and Hero.</font>

jasonHoldEm
04-03-2004, 03:50 AM
I play it the same way...you might be up against a weak straight that is afraid you hold AK but I don't slow down until they play back at me.

jHE

Bob T.
04-03-2004, 04:29 AM
Well, for having zero clue, you did good. That is about how I would have played it, the only option that I see, is smooth calling the flop, and raising the turn, but with this coordinated board, I think I want to find out as soon as possible if I might be behind, and drawing, and I think your three bet does that as well as possible. If you get fourbet, or checkraised on the turn, it is time to slow down, and start calling.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.