PDA

View Full Version : Crazy KK hand...!

Catch of the Day
04-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Okay, I am having one of those insanely dis-heartening session, but I instead of just getting mad, I think I am going to post...

Okay Party 1/2 6-max

Catch in on the button and gets K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Call,Call,Call,CO Raises, Catch 3-bets, all call to MP caps (this player 3 bet me from the BB ealier with 67s), all of us call.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Check, check, MP1 Bets, CO raises (I have him on over pair for sure which I am sure I beat), I 3 bet, SB folds, BB CC's 3 bets, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif (8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

Check, Check, CO Bets, Catch raises, folded to MP who calls two cold (I am thinking here Ax of spade's), CO calls.

River 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, (9 /images/graemlins/club.gif,8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

MP bets? Okay, I am tilting here, and pissed thinking no way does MP have an 8,6, or limp capped with AA. I think I am good here), CO folds his over pair like a good little boy, and then, MP 3-bets?

This pot was huge, can I call? Should I have got out earlier?

Catch-

Will post results later.

stripsqueez
04-03-2004, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have got out earlier?

[/ QUOTE ]

you had KK and a small pair flopped - whatever tactic your using to deal with being screwed on hands like this it isnt working if your asking the question - not to say that you have to see the river but its always going to cost you some chips if someone has 3 of a kind on the flop

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Catch of the Day
04-03-2004, 05:09 AM
What my real question is, should I fold the River?

I understand that stuff like this happens. I was on tilt, not because of this hand, but just because of the texture of this table, and my seeming inability to appropratly adjust. This hand didn't particularly upset me at all (as I lost to quad 6's) but I was just more curios as to how I played it, and if I should've folded the river?

Sorry if I confused you and seemed like a whiner...

This table was just so far from what I am normally used to playing at 1/2 6-max. Everyone of these players was capable of seeing any pair/draw, basically any two cards to the river and I wasn't hitting flops. Raising PF had little or no effect. It was just a bit disheartening. I felt really unsure of my play b/c I have never faced opponents like this. In retrospect I should have found another table, but this helped me realize that I have a lot to work on.

When I had hands (however rarely), I found myself trying to be tricky, and C/R'ing, or check calling, and then betting out on the turn. Some worked, and some didn't. It was just impossible for me to get reads on over half the players at this table, as they could be holding vitually any two at anytime.

I ended the session up, but I was just mad at my play and how much emotion got involved. Bad-beats dont get to me, I know they happen, but I usually feel confident at this level to say the least. This table just got to me...

Goose-fraa-baa...Goose-fraa-baa...

Catch-

Vazh
04-05-2004, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I had hands (however rarely), I found myself trying to be tricky

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that against poor opponents it's best to play a straight-forward game. You'll make the most money by betting when you have cards, they'll call you anyway.

I think you have to call the raise, but assume your beat. I would have just called the first river bet rather than raising. There are a few players who are smart enough to bet an ace in this spot but most of the time a bet means they hit their out.

By just calling you win the most/lose the least. The way it played out MP bet, you raise, CO folds, MP 3-bets, you call = 4BB on the river (You're getting 1:1 on your bets). If you just call: MP bets, you call, CO calls = 3BB (you're getting 2:1 on your bet). If you're ahead you win the same 2BB, but if you're behind you only lose your 1BB. This assumes CO calls of course, but in a pot that big they typically do.