PDA

View Full Version : never go on tilt - fight chemical imbalance

cflksegmas
04-02-2004, 10:53 PM
this post is for players who want to make a living playing poker

REASON GOING ON TILT

• tilt is caused by a chemical imbalance in the body

• adrenaline goes up when the pot is big. If you win most of it is gone. But if you lose it stays there and transformes into sugar and other bad chemicals. You can't avoid it. Your blood is full them. I just call it tilt poison

• if you have a winning session, (4+ hours) adrenaline still adds up, bit by bit. And even on one big pot loss (what is really nothing compared to the total winning so far), the adrenaline added up by that time transforms into sugar

• You think you are NOT on tilt because you are winning. But you are on tilt. Everybody is on tilt after 4 hours, even if they are winning. Because after 4 hour there is no way you would not lose a big pot so you got the sugar flood your body

• Yes, everybody is on tilt because they're blood's chemical has changed. It's full of sugar

• there are people who are on tilt but make very few mistakes. But they are still angry because of changed chemicals. These guys can make a living out of playing poker. Well, we have to add, a terrible living

• if you make few mistakes when you are on tilt you still have to change the chemicals in your blood. It's not healthy to have tilt chemical in your body all the time

SOLUTION 1

• multivitamin, Bx, C, so called stress tablets. In a short run its ok, but sometimes you would need a lot, like 3-4 thousand mg. vitamin C per session. I do not recommend it, but it's OK to try

SOLUTION 2

• sedative. Also works in a short run, if you play only 1-2 times a week or not bothered by being drugged all the time

SOLUTION 3

• best one but the hardest one to do it. Taking breaks. You have to understand if you do not make breaks you will have a very bad time. Even if you are a winner and make a good living out of playing poker

• depending of the quantity of the sugar, you need at least 20 minutes to restore the proper chemical balance. You're not only doing not to make mistakes but to feel good. You don't want to have poison in your body

• enough was written about the importance of taking breaks, I don't go into details. The most important is that you have to restore the proper chemical balance

PRACTICAL

• the problem is that the most hardest thing to do is to make breaks. Take a pill or two is OK, but to make a break !

• You ask: If I take 20 min break after every 1 hour of play, my hourly rate gonna drop 30%. Yes, it's gonna drop but you will enjoy life much better

• it's about your entire life, not today, tomorrow or this year. If you do not lower your sugar level you will die younger and have a terrible life

• for the brake you have to leave home, go outside. Cannot stay in the environment that caused you the chemical imbalance

• you might look an idiot, come and go, come and go, but you will see the difference, and always do it

Dov
04-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Gee, you sure sound like you know what you're talking about. I guess we shouldn't eat. either lest our blood sugar change...

Alobar
04-03-2004, 03:29 AM
hi Dr.Nick! Hallo everybody!!

illunious
04-03-2004, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you have a winning session, (4+ hours) adrenaline still adds up, bit by bit. And even on one big pot loss (what is really nothing compared to the total winning so far), the adrenaline added up by that time transforms into sugar

[/ QUOTE ]

Sugar, that explains everything /images/graemlins/frown.gif

bdk3clash
04-03-2004, 06:50 PM
http://www.the-simpsons.hpg.ig.com.br/figuras/dr.nick.gif

"Seriously, baby, I can prescribe anything I want!"

Dr. Nick, hitting on a girl

Mike Haven
04-03-2004, 07:04 PM
to take regular breaks has got to be good advice for all sorts of reasons, but why does sugar make you tilt?