PDA

View Full Version : A none poker night out.

1800GAMBLER
04-02-2004, 10:04 PM
All this rant can be related to Expected Value. It may have some benefit for players, seeing decisions this way has helped me more than anything else. Typed drunk.

You start your night out, friends call, the club is already decided. You go to pick a shirt. Which one? The one that looks best? Why? Increased chances of the girl. But hey. Tonight it's a rock club. Dam, better put that black one on, not your favourite, but should be theres.

Wait! That one isn't clean. You'd have to clean it but you don't want. Does the pain of having to wash and iron overcome the pleasure that you only may get if you get the girl. It does? Iron away. It doesn't? That white shirt it is.

Pain from cleaning Greater or less than Chances of pulling in new shirt * pleasure from the girl.

Out we go! So what do you rate yourself? 7 out of 10 on the female scale? simplified, 7 out of 10 girls find you hot. Cool, sounds good? Probably not. That means 3 out of the 10 girls you ask out tonight are going to reject you. So do you ask? Does the pleasure of getting accepted overweigh the pain of geting rejected by 3 times?

Wow, Hi Brad Pitt, you're probably a 9 out of 10 rating. Nice going. So 1 out of 10 girls would say no. You've probably been out about 10 000 times right Brad? So it's over 60% likely you've had 3 girls on the run tell you to [censored] off back to Spy Games. That sucks. Good luck man.

Hey Matt. Want to bet on i get this girl? 7 out of 10 girls want me. I'll bet you $100 i get the next girl. I have a made hand and itching fingers. Matt bets. You have a positive expectation. Dam, you missed. Better go blame the girl/dealer/cards.

ML4L
04-03-2004, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All this rant can be related to Expected Value. It may have some benefit for players, seeing decisions this way has helped me more than anything else. Typed drunk.

You start your night out, friends call, the club is already decided. You go to pick a shirt. Which one? The one that looks best? Why? Increased chances of the girl. But hey. Tonight it's a rock club. Dam, better put that black one on, not your favourite, but should be theres.

Wait! That one isn't clean. You'd have to clean it but you don't want. Does the pain of having to wash and iron overcome the pleasure that you only may get if you get the girl. It does? Iron away. It doesn't? That white shirt it is.

Pain from cleaning Greater or less than Chances of pulling in new shirt * pleasure from the girl.

Out we go! So what do you rate yourself? 7 out of 10 on the female scale? simplified, 7 out of 10 girls find you hot. Cool, sounds good? Probably not. That means 3 out of the 10 girls you ask out tonight are going to reject you. So do you ask? Does the pleasure of getting accepted overweigh the pain of geting rejected by 3 times?

Wow, Hi Brad Pitt, you're probably a 9 out of 10 rating. Nice going. So 1 out of 10 girls would say no. You've probably been out about 10 000 times right Brad? So it's over 60% likely you've had 3 girls on the run tell you to [censored] off back to Spy Games. That sucks. Good luck man.

Hey Matt. Want to bet on i get this girl? 7 out of 10 girls want me. I'll bet you $100 i get the next girl. I have a made hand and itching fingers. Matt bets. You have a positive expectation. Dam, you missed. Better go blame the girl/dealer/cards.

[/ QUOTE ]