PDA

View Full Version : EASY CALL ??

jake_22
04-02-2004, 05:30 PM
I've playing LL (.50/1) for a couple months and in the
last week or so I have started playing NL.

Paradise .05/.10 ($10 max buy in) NL

Hero ($30) limps UTG with QQ
UTG + 1 ($31) goes all in. For some reason
he been folding or going all in (almost 1/2 the time) pre
flop for the last 20 minutes or so. I figured I'd limp
with QQ and then call him if he goes all-in.
MP ($30) calls (allin). I'm having 2nd thoughts now.
BB ($7) calls (allin)

I could push in $30 to win $67 holding QQ. UTG+1 seems
to be on a tilt so I'm not to worried about him but
MP has been playing tight so I figure he might of caught AA or KK. BB has only $7 in. Is this an easy call
on my part ?

benjdm
04-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Not an easy call.... I think I'd fold this. I would put MP having AA/KK too many times and JJ/10 10 too rarely to call here. Keeping in mind that according to Poker Tracker, QQ is my #1 money losing hand......

Ric
04-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Another QQ question:

I have them in BB. UTG+1(about $70) raises $3, button calls, I($23) raise to $10, UTG+1 raises all in, button folds. Lay it down, or call? I look to be getting about 3-1 on my call, but it seems that the only hands he could have here is AA, KK, or maybe AK.

wrongpond
04-03-2004, 03:41 AM
No it's not. I think I'd have to agree that QQ is my #1 losing hand as well, and in this spot I think you have to give them credit for the three hands bigger then yours. It's an easy (not exactly) fold, because you've got the benefit of MP thinking he might be able to come over the top and get a fold from you again, and you (still playing solidly) will capitalize on that.

jdl22
04-03-2004, 04:47 AM
This same issue comes up when you have kings or AK. It really depends on the opponents. A lot of idiots on party go all in with any two cards ten or higher, and any pocket pair. Yes I've seen all of these.

If it's a solid, tight player I would say to drop your queens. If the stacks are small (at or below the buy in) then maybe it would be ok.

jake_22
04-03-2004, 11:02 PM
The results were that I mucked QQ which would have won.
UTG +1 had Q9
MP had JJ
BB had AQ

MP won as all low cards were on the board.

I felt weak tight after that muck but I think I agree
that despite the result the right play is to muck QQ
in that type of situation. Thanks for the feedback.

BradleyT
04-04-2004, 01:03 AM
You're young. You'll get QQ in more easy to play spots hundreds of times in your life.

Don't be results oriented.

wrongpond
04-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Great advice Bradley

Matt Flynn
04-05-2004, 10:18 PM
In any reasonable game you could not put a gun to my head and get me to call. It'd have to be at a minimum a drunken home game with all gambling newbies.

Matt