PDA

View Full Version : played two pair like a little girl

felson
04-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Online low-limit, 6 handed. My friend played this hand.

Two limpers, and my friend calls on the button with 9s 7s. Blinds come along.

Flop is Kh 7c 9h. Blinds check, UTG bets, next player calls, my friend calls, blinds fold.

Turn is Jd. Bet-call-call.

River is 4s. Bet-call-call.

Comments?

J.R.
04-02-2004, 04:02 PM
I would raise the flop with bottom 2 pair, with top two or top and bottom I might be more inclined to wait until the turn to raise, especailly in a full game. As this is 6-max, raise the flop, flop raises don't often mean much and you will get played back at by much worse hands.

pudley4
04-02-2004, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is his raise button broken?

Mike Gallo
04-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Comments?

Can you say calling station?

I raise the river.

asdf1234
04-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Raise somewhere...

PokerBob
04-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Why make $10 when you can make $6.

btspider
04-02-2004, 04:49 PM
i think the comparison is a little harsh.. to little girls.

i wouldn't waste any time. raise the flop. if a scary card drops (Th or something), you may be able to thwart a check/raise attempt by checking behind. if a non-scary card comes, someone may bet into you thinking you tried to earn a free card.. in which case you can show them otherwise.

felson
04-02-2004, 09:12 PM
UTG shows Kc 9c, flopped two pair. Next player had Kd Th, top pair. UTG wins.

My friend said that he was going to raise the turn if a safe card fell. For him, safe means non-heart 2-5 and non-heart A, since they don't complete gutshot or straight draws.

I don't like the way he played it either.

FrankLu99
04-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Doesnt this belong in the microlimit since the conversion of the stakes to real money makes playing the game like playing for pennies?

Calling all the way - almost perfect play IMHO.
The calls on the flop and turn are fully justified with the pot odds to draw to the boat. With 7 small bets on the flop its an easy call drawing to 2 outs. With at least 12 small bets on the turn its an easy call, especially when drawing to 2 outs. The call on the river is a clear mistake. Your friend should have folded, maybe he will have more sense next time.

For anyone who said that the player should have raised, I would like to invite you to the home game I play at.

Frank Lu

TazQ
04-02-2004, 10:14 PM
are you serious?

Sundevils21
04-02-2004, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt this belong in the microlimit since the conversion of the stakes to real money makes playing the game like playing for pennies?

Calling all the way - almost perfect play IMHO.
The calls on the flop and turn are fully justified with the pot odds to draw to the boat. With 7 small bets on the flop its an easy call drawing to 2 outs. With at least 12 small bets on the turn its an easy call, especially when drawing to 2 outs. The call on the river is a clear mistake. Your friend should have folded, maybe he will have more sense next time.

For anyone who said that the player should have raised, I would like to invite you to the home game I play at.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being sarcastic with every thing you said, right?

As far as the home game comment, a game full of weak tight, passive players, with no rake....count me in!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
PM me with the details of your home game.

JTG51
04-02-2004, 10:55 PM
I think this post is one day late.