PDA

View Full Version : good deal

pgec311
04-02-2004, 03:44 PM
I just thought I would let some people know about a cool site that hooked me up. thepokerbookstore.com. I signed up for $20 on pacific poker through the site and got two free books (shipping included). I got $45 worth of books shipped to me for $20 which i have already made back. I am not advertising or affiliated with this site or anything, but I thought people here might jump at this opportunity. My books came 1 week after I signed up. Sorry if this is old news that everybody already knew about.

FWIW,
PC

pgec311
04-02-2004, 05:00 PM
oh yeah I forgot to add, that this deal was for any two books on the list, not two pre-designated books. Pretty good selection, too.

PC

Jim Easton
04-02-2004, 09:01 PM
You're leaving out the best part. By signing up through his site, you get to be one of his affiliates and generate revenue for him for as long as you play there.

lunchmeat
04-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Pacific Poker pays affiliates $200 for every customer they bring in. So this guy got $200 and gave you $45 worth of books.

Instead, what players should do is find an affiliate who will kickback a portion of the $200 directly to you. It's not hard to find an affiliate who will split the money with you 50/50, and most will let you negotiate for as much as a 75% kickback. If you had done this, you could have bought the $45 worth of poker books, and still had $105 left over to do whatever you want with.

pgec311
04-02-2004, 09:53 PM
or i could just take the two books that I wanted and the 300 I have made on my 20 on PP and be fine, cause I don't really feel ripped off. so Do What You Like.

PC

LionelHutz
04-05-2004, 07:54 PM
What difference does it make? He got a deal he liked and tried to help share the information. He's happy and he doesn't seem to feel ripped off. That's what matters.

pgec311
04-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks Lionel, that is all i was trying to do. I just know people are looking to buy a couple books and might want to check this out,(might as well put the money towards playing if you can, right). I never assumed that this guy who sent them to me didn't get anything out of it. But why do I care, I just wanted the books!

Peter

What I really should have done if i didn't want to get ripped off, is buy a whole bookstore, then I could have read them all for free and made money off of others who read. Brilliant! /images/graemlins/cool.gif