PDA

View Full Version : College Student Found - Changes Story

Oski
04-02-2004, 02:05 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20040402/ap_on_re_us/missing_student

Every time i see something like this, I always wonder whether it is finals/mid-term week. When I was in college (aside from the numerous urban legends about this topic) one girl had faked a rape to avoid taking her finals. She was successful as she was expelled (UC Berkeley, Fall 1994 - the event [or non-event] happened December, 1993).

How bad could just dropping the classes be? - Someone who has to resort to this type of junk is not likely heading to med. school anyways.

whiskeytown
04-02-2004, 03:49 PM
my co-workers and I were speculating -

dehydrated and found in a marsh/field...sounds like an alcoholic bender to us /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RB

Oski
04-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Yeah, that seems likely; so, the only question left is: "What is she doing NEXT week."

Oski
04-02-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MADISON, Wis. - Police said Friday a college student's tale of being abducted doesn't add up and they don't believe there is an abductor at large. They said there was evidence she planned her disappearance.

"We do not believe there is a suspect at large, period," Assistant Police Chief Noble Wray said.

Surveillance video showed Audrey Seiler, a University of Wisconsin-Madison sophomore, walking out of her apartment about 2:30 a.m. Saturday wearing only sweats. She was found Wednesday in a marsh about two miles away, cold and dehydrated but otherwise unharmed.

Seiler told police her abductor used duct tape, rope and a knife against her.

But Wray said police obtained videotape of Seiler buying some of those items at a local store weeks earlier.

She also used her computer to search Web sites for information on Madison parks and the extended weather forecast, suggesting she had planned her disappearance, Wray said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very elaborate plan = large project due. If she was merely facing a test, she could cram. Desperate to "kick" the whole thing over to the summer semester.