PDA

View Full Version : AJs on bubble...call all in?

fishhead
04-02-2004, 01:58 PM
Home tourney with payouts to first two spots (75%/25% split). Three handed, everyone pretty much even. Slightly smaller stack EP goes all in (loose player, will typically go all in with Ax or Kx). LP player is also very loose. Easy call? Or wait for the other guy to call and get in the money?

As it turned out, I called from MP and LP overcalls. EP had A6o, LP had KT and I triple up.

t_perkin
04-02-2004, 02:18 PM
If he really will go all in on any Ax or Kx then you should definately call as you will have him beat most of the time. If bigger stack goes in as well with KT then he is not a good player. But it is better for you, as so long as EP doesn't win the hand you come 2nd or 1st.

fishhead
04-02-2004, 02:28 PM
With very loose players who call all-ins fairly frequently, isn't the pot somewhat protected? I will most likely beat one person heads up, but with multiple callers, it becomes increasingly likely that someone else will pair up. I have struggled with my shorthanded play with this calling station group because big bets do not isolate players, resulting in multiway pots and lots of bad beats. Or perhaps I should just get my money in the middle when I have the best of it and let positive EV run its course.