PDA

View Full Version : Funny KK story

winky51
04-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Playing $30 NL holden single table. 4th hand i get KK UTG. I limp figuring someone else will raise later. Sure enough the button does and I make a reasonable raise against him to show I have a real solid hand. Amazingly 2 other people also call. I think Oh boy 3 people with aces or some lower pair.

So the board comes 226 rainbow. I sit there and think for a second what kind of hands my opponents have. Figure no one played a 2 and tiny, tiny chance one person has 66. I go all in. One call with 22. Quads kill my KK.

I figured no one in their right mind would call with 22 against 2 other callers.

Oh well. 1st one out.

GoSox
04-02-2004, 01:02 PM
I didn't see this mentioned, but I assume it was PartyPoker !!

Cptkernow
04-02-2004, 01:02 PM
I figured no one in their right mind would call with 22 against 2 other callers.

If you are playing against players in thier right mind you need to work on your game selection.

winky51
04-02-2004, 05:08 PM
yep PP.

Wee entered 10 NL Holdem $30/$3 tournaments today and lost all but 2 which I got 2nd.

had the best hand at the time of PF and lost all but 1 all ins to worse hands. Was not a good day.

Toro
04-02-2004, 05:43 PM
If I've learned one thing about on-line S&G's is that the most dangerous time of the tourney is early. I play primarily at Pokerstars and they give you 1500 to start. In my experience players will put in 10 to 20 % or more of their stack preflop with just about any kind of hand to try and bust you. I've lost with big pairs to hands like 7,8o.

There's not a helluva alot you can do except be aware and try to avoid the pitfalls. Interestingly I posted today on a hand just like this in the Internet category and tried to make a pattern map joke about it. Player with 9,10o called and all-in bet with 3 others and won a mega pot.

They'll hit occasionally and you'll suffer an early exit but these are the guys that you should be thankful for giving you action when you get KK or AA. How many times do you raise with these hands and get no action and are didsappointed that all you do is pick up the blinds?