PDA

View Full Version : Heads up flops seen

bosoxfan
04-02-2004, 10:45 AM
I'm new so be gentle. 5+1 nl single table tourney on Party. I made it to heads up and won my first tourney on my 13th entry. While heads up I saw almost every flop. He rarely raised and folded to about half my raises. My question is what should my precentage of flops seen be while heads up? Also what kind of hands should i be raising with? I raised with any A or K. And any suited connectors. Any help would be great. Thanks.

TylerD
04-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Firstly welcome to the forums. Secondly don't play the $5+1 on Party as you are paying a 20% entry fee, try the $10+1 on Party or preferably (IMO) move to PokerStars and play $5+0.5. Now the formalities are out of the way...

I have never really thought about % flops seen when HU as the conditions vary so drastically. If the blinds are huge relative to my stack I probably won't see any flops as I'll either be raising for my whole stack or folding.

In standard HU play (ie smallish blinds plenty of chips) I'll be seeing probably 80% of flops, calling with very marginal hands and raising with any two. I'm not the best HU player in the world, never have been, never claimed to be, but HU is very different to normal play and you need to adjust in order to win. Having specified hand types to raise with seems too rigid to me, I judge how to play based on the situation - blinds, the player, stack sizes etc. I try to see a lot of flops and play it from there, when I have more information.

Perhaps you might want to check the HU and Short-handed forum, never go there myself so I'm not sure.