PDA

View Full Version : Super Magoo or Super Genius?

04-22-2002, 11:23 PM
Risky hand involving same player as above post..........

I have 5c5d in the BB

UTG (same player as above) limps in as well 1 MP and the cutoff.

flop comes Jh3c3h

I bet out with a chance to pick up the pot....most would raise a jack here and if raised I can easily fold. UTG calls and Cuttoff call......Well that didn't work, onto the turn.....

turn [Jh3c3h]9d

I check to see what happens, UTG bets cutoff folds....I think I can make a play for the pot

here against the lone opponent....I checkriase...he calls

river is [Jh3c3h9d]2h

I bet....UTG thinks for a good minute and hesitatingly calls while turning over black K9

Super-Magoo or Super-Genius?

Allan

04-22-2002, 11:48 PM
The flop bet is good.

On the turn, you should probably check and fold. UTG did call your flop bet and then lead the turn into another player who also called the flop bet. It's going to be very rare that you're not beaten here.

I think there are better spots to make a play for a pot. UTG has showed enough strength so that I would doubt that he would fold. Still, your play isn't bad. This is the type of steal-play which you need to try on occasion.

04-23-2002, 02:02 AM
I'm not so sure I like your play. A nine, given the previous action, plus coupled with a jack on board is a card that can hit many players. Withour knowing your opponent, I* think you can find a better spot for this play.