PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this river bet?

Ulysses
04-02-2004, 03:51 AM
Pre-flop, BTW, I expected CO to cap.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, MP folds, CO <font color="purple">(Overaggro)</font> raises, Button folds, SB <font color="purple">(Overaggro Idiot)</font> 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls, CO <font color="purple">(Overaggro)</font> calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Overaggro Idiot checks, BB bets, Hero calls, Overaggro raises, Overaggro Idiot folds, BB calls, Hero 3-bets, Overaggro caps, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Overaggro bets, BB calls, Hero raises, Overaggro calls, BB folds.

River: (17 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Overaggro calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd Kc (two pair, kings and tens).
Overaggro shows 9c Jc (flush, jack high).
Outcome: Overaggro wins 19 BB. </font>

Vazh
04-02-2004, 11:27 AM
I would wonder what the rest of the table thought when you limped UTG. If I were playing against you all sorts of alarms would be going off, but maybe you've done this before on this table with small pairs, suiteds, etc.

I assume when he just calls the turn you put him solidly on a draw, most likely either spades or OESD. The river doesn't help those so I think the bet is fine. This is where your opponent's view of your pf limp comes in. If it were somehow me in Overaggro's position I'd be saying to myself "He limped, he's got to have AA or KK, I raise the river".

King Yao
04-02-2004, 11:35 AM
given the way the hand has been played up to the river, and given that it is only heads up, then I think a bet is correct. You want QQ, JJ to pay you off, but if you checked to him on the river, he's more likely to check with a losing hand to KK than bet. if he happens to have AA, a Ten or a flush and have you beat, and you checked, then he's more likely to bet and you will have to pay him off. but if he had AA or a Ten he would likely have just called your bet and not raise.

In other words, your bet put yourself in the position where you lose the same amount if you are a loser, but you gain the River bet if you are a winner. Good bet. Bad result.

Ulysses
04-02-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would wonder what the rest of the table thought when you limped UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody at the table would even notice.

Ulysses
04-02-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but if he had AA or a Ten he would likely have just called your bet and not raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that the board double-paired there, so a Ten would indeed raise. But I wasn't worried about a Ten since I didn't get three-bet on the turn.

My thought was basically what you said. A number of smaller pairs were likely to check behind if I check, but would call a bet.

Your Mom
04-03-2004, 04:57 AM
This is really an important point, U. No one notices. This means make the standard play, play the percentages at all times. I like your bet.

Schneids
04-03-2004, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would wonder what the rest of the table thought when you limped UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody at the table would even notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still wondering about what kind of hand you would open limp with on the button, when I am in the BB. This hand happened a week ago and it hasn't left my mind /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The SB mucked and I held KQo, and was so alarmed by your button open limp that I checked. Then the flop came raggedy, so I bet, you raised, then I mucked.

Good times? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ulysses
04-03-2004, 06:23 AM
I open-limped on the button? That sounds strange. You and the small blind must have been getting pretty aggro. I imagine I had something pretty good and was looking to limp re-raise. If it was PokerMum in the middle, almost definitely, as she always raises my button limps. Or maybe I was just getting weird w/ something like 67s. Sometimes I'll open-limp w/ something like that just for a change of pace - very rarely, though. Now I'm curious. Have a hand #?