PDA

View Full Version : (PLO) Right move or just lucky?

Wan2B
04-01-2004, 11:52 PM
.25/.50 PLO game at Party. I have about 29 bucks.

I get dealt AA74ds in EP. Most pots have been either called by most preflop or raised once. I call, reasoning that I'll either get to see the flop cheaply, or be able to put in a big reraise to get the action heads-up.

Someone to my left raises pot. He gets called in several spots and when it gets back to me I can raise it to 17 or so, which I do.

To my surprise, someone in between me and the first raiser calls all-in for about 14. The raiser also calls, as well as the guy to his left. The raiser has me covered, other guy has about 6 or 7 bucks left.

Flop: KT7, two suits, none of mine.

I put in my remaining 12 dollars and pray. Both my opponents call. A king turns, suited with the T7, river brings a 3 or so. I still win.

On the flop, I figured at least one of my opponents had to have something like KK, KT and/or a four-flush. At the time I was hoping to get as many opponents to fold as possible, increasing my chances to win. On the other hand, who is going to overcall and over-overcall a pot-sized reraise preflop and give up when high cards come? I should have known what would happen and act accordingly. Was moving in still the right move here?

adam74
04-02-2004, 06:15 AM
Both, I think. [I'm assuming you're just talking about your flop bet.]

With three other players seeing the flop, it's very unlikely that you're holding the best hand. And even if your aces are good at the moment, with straight and flush draws possible, it's unlikely that they'll hold up if you get callers.

However...your aces were good on the flop, you did get callers, and your aces did hold up...lol.

I think what makes it the right decision to bet out here is that there's not much money left relative to the size of the pot. I too would have bet out and hoped to either win it there or, at worst, to get just one caller who is drawing to either straight or flush. But if the money had been deeper, I probably would have checked, and then folded to any bet.

jomatty
04-02-2004, 10:12 AM
i hate that flop but after making that preflop raise im commited to follow through on the flop. i dont like doing it but im not going to dog it at that point. if the money were deeper obviously the decision would be more complicated and with that many opponents i probably would have to check fold or bet once with the intention of not putting any more money in the pot if im called.
matty

dogsballs
04-02-2004, 04:12 PM
I'da played exactly the same way. Your preflop limp reraise made it a no-brainer on the flop. The flop's crap, but you've got to put the rest of your money in. No-one necessarily has better than two pair.

Hope you stayed in that game and made a chunk more - any bunch of players who call limp reraises for most of their stacks preflop deserve to be paying for your beer and ice creams for the next couple of weeks..! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dogs

crockpot
04-02-2004, 04:16 PM
you made the right move. your hand is too good to fold with how little money is left, and if you are beaten you will be set in anyway. by betting yourself you can easily get a call from a worse hand, or from a straight or flush draw.