PDA

View Full Version : Let's bet Duke

mikelow
04-01-2004, 11:08 PM
After hours of thought on the final four, here's my selection--Duke +2 (hoping for the hook).
Here's why:

1. The #1 seed as an underdog. Higher seeds as underdogs have only covered once in this tournament. And the public was reacting to UConn's rout of Alabama. Coming from a UConn bettor last week, you have to step back and look at Duke, who has struggled at times down the stretch. Yet they
beat Illinois and a hot Xavier team in the regionals.

2. Emeka Okafor is one hard foul from being sidelined. The back injury is why he can't take much punishment. And I think that could be a decisive factor.

3. Chris Duhon for Duke has been playing hurt, but he is contributing defensively. I think he can shutdown Gordon.

I think there is just enough value to justify betting the #1 seeded Blue Devils as an underdog.

Fade away!

scalf
04-02-2004, 08:40 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif i agreee; i have duke to win it all; and feel thatt jj steps up for a 45 pt performance that has huskies hanging heads in disbelief..

duke good for america...

just forget this school is financed by an old tobaccy family

gl /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

mikelow
04-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Got it at +2.5 and still needed a three pointer for the backdoor after UConn goes on a 12-0 run for the apparent cover. A nice come from ahead effort by Duke. Had Oklahoma St. (Why?) also.

scalf
04-04-2004, 12:37 AM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif lol

i am happy duhon threw it up there...was it my imagination..????; or did the announcer say; "it goes and counts, a meaningless goal"; or something like that...

my bet for duke to win it all loses, but...

i really did have my pecker out; and for once my pee-pee wasn't smacked..

lol

gl /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

mikelow
04-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Actually, Duke was lucky--Okafor gets two early fouls and sits the rest of the first half. I was queasy about this pick, but the hook convinced me in the end.