PDA

View Full Version : Flopped trips but the raiser won't go away...

joker122
04-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Literally my first hand at the table. When he bet into me on the river after I capped I got kind of scared...I was thinking maybe ATs. Is this a definate river raise? If so do you cap when he 3bets?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB raises, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB 3-bets, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (23 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Alobar
04-01-2004, 09:14 PM
He is either very agressively playing his over pair, or has AT and got really lucky...hell he even could have 33 and flopped the full house.

I don't really like the turn cap. SB isn't afraid of the hand you are obviously representing, and your jack kicker isn't all that impressive. I think you back off and go to the showdown as cheap as possible and then make a note on him after you see what he shows.

T5off
04-01-2004, 09:20 PM
This is of course a whole lot different than having a set. Even a stupid SB will put you at least on trips. I'd probably not cap the flop but then raise the turn.
In your case, where you did cap the flop, on the turn I would just have called and make a crying call on the river.

joker122
04-01-2004, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is of course a whole lot different than having a set. Even a stupid SB will put you at least on trips. I'd probably not cap the flop but then raise the turn.
In your case, where you did cap the flop, on the turn I would just have called and make a crying call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I didn't cap the flop and did raise the turn. Anyways, he showed AA and MHIG.

Oh, I should have added that SB was shortstacked. After the hand was over he only had a 2BB stack left. I don't know, people tend to get crazy when they are short stacked.

T5off
04-02-2004, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I didn't cap the flop and did raise the turn. Anyways, he showed AA and MHIG.

Oh, I should have added that SB was shortstacked. After the hand was over he only had a 2BB stack left. I don't know, people tend to get crazy when they are short stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, sorry I misread that. I would not have capped the turn, although I would have raised it, just like you did.