PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Nguyen on Conan O'Brien tonight (April 1st)

ApolloQuiet
04-01-2004, 05:26 PM
from Cardplayer.com

World-class tournament player and former World Champion Scotty Nguyen will appear on Late Night With Conan O’Brien on Thursday, April 1

Interesting.

jdl22
04-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Hope that doesn't mean last night I would love to see that. Also hope this isn't an April fools joke.

Cubswin
04-01-2004, 10:45 PM
http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/episode_guide/index.html

TimTimSalabim
04-02-2004, 01:49 AM
My Tivo listing says "Actor Scott Nguyen". A new line of work for Scotty?

Aceshigh7
04-02-2004, 01:53 AM
My Yahoo listing says the same thing "Actor Scott Nguyen". There is a lesser known actor named Scott Nguyen, but he hasn't been in much and I don't see Conan having him on his show.

The NBC Conan homepage says "Scotty Nguyen".

So I guess we'll see who it is.

jayadd
04-02-2004, 02:35 AM
that was awful.........

1 million in tourney chips is different than 1 million dollars.
Conan needs to get better people working for him cause his questions are ridiculous( and not just for Scotty).

jasonHoldEm
04-02-2004, 02:42 AM
What a disappointment...you have a great poker personality like Scotty and waste it talking about bluffing and poker faces. Boooo!

daryn
04-02-2004, 02:58 AM
maybe he was talking about during the wsop, down to heads up, effectively $1M dollars if he gets called and loses the hand, i dont know.. just something i thought of.

jayadd
04-02-2004, 03:09 AM
i thought there are so many great questions to ask him that someone who doesnt follow poker would be able to follow.

1. last year the winner received 2.5 million and he qualified online what does that say for the pro's.

2. What is a day in the life of Scotty.

3. Any prediction on who will win this years WSOP.

daryn
04-02-2004, 03:12 AM
i hear you..

but hey i'm a big scotty fan. i dug it.

Aceshigh7
04-02-2004, 03:43 AM
I thought it was cool. Scotty is a natural on camera.

*Ryan_21*
04-02-2004, 03:56 AM
Waste it?

That interview probably just brought 6000 more late night pot heads to PartyPoker. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ryan_21

William Wilson
04-02-2004, 06:36 AM
I agree it was horrible.

From what I've seen and read, Scotty definitely has a unique personality. But overall he's a respectful player, whom everyone likes.

I think he played too much to the Hollywood aspect of the show and it flat bombed ... crickets.

However, I blame Conan mostly. He had no clue.

*Ryan_21*
04-02-2004, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, I blame Conan mostly. He had no clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cant blame Conan. 99% of the population have no clue. Thats why we make money at it.

Ryan_21

namknils
04-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Well, Ryan_21 is dead on. If Conan asked the questions most people hear would have asked, or liked to see asked, then the show would have been boring to everyone but the poker nuts. If he asks stupid questions about bluffing and poker faces, it gets more people excited and ready to try it out for themselves.

jayadd
04-02-2004, 03:30 PM
all conan did was insult scotty and made him look like a fool. It Poker is becoming more accepted in society than maybe our spokes person shouldnt be made to look like an idiot in the public eye. This isnt against scotty cause i enjoy his company during tourneys.
Last year i had Eskimo Clark, Scotty, barry shulman, and Dewy Tomko at the WPF at foxwoods interesting enough 3 of them got knocked out and i was entertained by Scotty the whole time sitting to my right.

ApolloQuiet
04-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Just saw the interview, not too impressed by the whole thing. I hope the WPT reconsiders having Scotty as the ambassador of poker. While Scotty is a great player, and deserves a lot of respect from the poker community, I don't think mainstream America is ready for him to be the spokesman for something that already has a tarnished reputation.

*Ryan_21*
04-03-2004, 12:14 AM
I dont think Conan made Scotty look like an idiot or insult him. Thats just how Conan acts. He does it with all his guests. He's a goofball. He did it with Vivica A. Fox too. He acts like that with all his guests on every show I've ever watched and I dont think any of them feel insulted or made fun of, because if they were he wouldnt have anymore guests, b/c no one would do the show.

I think the questions he asked and the way he acted were typicall of someone who knows absolutely nothing about poker.

Ryan_21

cornell2005
04-03-2004, 01:45 AM
really bad interview. an outsider had no idea scotty was talking tounge in cheek about certain things, and the questions were pretty bad. an interview with phil helmuth or someone that actually talked about hte state of poker would have been better

JTrout
04-03-2004, 01:58 AM
You cant blame Conan. 99% of the population have no clue. Thats why we make money at it.

G.dammit. For once, I find myself agreeing with Ryan! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*Ryan_21*
04-03-2004, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
G.dammit. For once, I find myself agreeing with Ryan!

[/ QUOTE ]

See, Im not such a bad guy! I have a normal thought process. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ryan_21

baggins
04-06-2004, 01:26 AM
I saw the interview too. I thought Scotty was just unintelligible for the most part. he's got a lot of charisma, and i'm sure he's a charming fellow and fun to be at the table with... but it seemed like the interview was a flop.

whether or not more people play poker because of it, there's no way to tell.