PDA

View Full Version : $3/6 session Hand #8 and #9

04-20-2002, 05:02 AM
/images/glasses.gif I get 66 in middle position after 2 callers, I call, thinking "Hey, would be cool if I make 666 *g*", LAP1 raises, and we see the pot 5 or 6 handed.

Flop: 9d6d3s. YEAH, The devilīs number! *g* (Note: Iīm not a satanist). I think it gets checked to me, I bet, LAP1 raises, one or two call, I reraise, LAP1 caps. (Note: I see that he will go all-in soon). Someone must have called, or I would have 5-bet him.

Turn: Jh. In go his last $15 and itīs heads-up.

River: 3h.

Results:

I slam down my full, and he shows me JJ!!! I have lost to a two-outer!!!

9) 22 in mid position. (Note: 22 has been the hand of the session, guy to my right won twice with it). I call after 2 callers, LAP1 raises, LAP2 reraises. Great. What do I do now? Well, of course I cap it *g* (I would have called the 3-bet, so I simply put in 4 in order not to put in 3 and 1. *g*), slight tilt there of course, but not far off. At least they donīt know Iīm holding 22 now due to my cap. *g* Note: LAP2 is loughing his ass off after I cap and showing his hand to someone, so it must be pretty good.

Flop: QhJs3h. Damn! I go, why canīt the trey be a deuce. Well never mind, it gets checked through!!! (No, not tilting enough to bet that flop)

Turn: 2c. Oh-boy-Iīm-so-lucky. LAP2 now deigns himself to bet, all fold to me, I raise. Lady to my left almost throws her hand away, but calls two cold, LAP2 calls too.

River: low heart. Damn, Lady to my left could have me now. LAP2 bets, I just call, Lady calls.

Results:

LAP2 had, as I thought, AA. I proudly show him my 22 and think "Yeah, great slow-play you bozo". Lady fortunately mucks and I win a huge pot. (Note: I would have called a bet on the flop. But still - Bwahahahahaha! What a slowplay *g*).

04-20-2002, 02:33 PM
In Hand #9, you should almost certainly muck the 2's instead of calling 2 cold. As for capping with it, what's the point? LAP2's re-raise is not an attempt to isolate the raiser as there are already 3 limpers - he has a monster hand. You lack position on the 2 raisers so you're almost certainly going to be forced to check the flop when you don't flop your set OR commit yourself to trying to bluff your way through the entire hand. I think you re-raised here without having a plan for the rest of the hand.

With respect to the initial limp, you should also be able to muck this hand after only 2 limpers to only one bet. Pocket pairs aren't as pretty as they look, especially if there's potential to get raised after you.

04-21-2002, 12:27 PM
Well, as I said, I was slightly on tilt there. *g*

04-21-2002, 07:07 PM
I'm glad you know it was a wrong play. The problem is that because you made it work once, you may try it again...and again.

Just remember that small PP are good only in multi-handed pots that are not too aggressive. Knowingly playing on tilt is gambling IMO.