PDA

View Full Version : $3/6 session Hand #4and #5

04-20-2002, 04:58 AM
4) KQo, this time from the small blind. I call $2 and 6 see the flop.

Flop: KsKdJs. Whohoo! I check, LAP1 bets, some folds, LAP2 raises, some folds, I check-reraise. LAP1 now mucks and LAP2 4-bets me. Itīs heads-up now (heīs got position on me), and I just call.

Turn: blank. I bet, he calls.

River: As. Ugh, not what I wanted to see. I check, he bets, I call, hoping he just has a king with a weaker kicker. Anyone fold here?

Results:

He takes it down with Qs4s!

5) I get Ah7h in middle-late position, two callers, I call, LAP1 to my immediate left raises. No one reraises, I of course call, and 5 or 6 people see the flop, including the other LAP (LAP2).

Flop: Th9h6c. Beautiful!!! LAP2 bets from early, two callers, I of course raise, one cold-call, LAP2, reraises, one or two callers, I cap (planning to check the turn if I dont make my hand as Iīm now last to act). LAP2 and one other guy calls.

Turn: 3h. YES! Check, check, I innocently and meekly ask the dealer "There are only 3 people in the pot now, yes?" to pretend that I really donīt like that third heart. She says yes, I bet, call, call.

River: blank. Check, check, I bet my absolute nuts, and LAP2 calls. I show, he mucks.

04-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Hand 5:

Any student of tells will see through your act here af asking the dealer how many in the pot...weak means strong...you possibly could have cost yourself bets...I wouldn't say anything....just bet it..

Allan

04-20-2002, 09:23 PM
True, but how many students of tells are you expecting at a 3/6 game? I'd be curious to know how well "acting" such as this works in LL games.

04-21-2002, 12:22 PM
I didnīt play many hands, was a completely new face to almost everyone, plus Iīm young (="inexperienced") so they could easily mistake my faked tell with genuine timidness.

Note: From previous results I know you canīt do that twice.