PDA

View Full Version : Easy call?

PrayingMantis
04-01-2004, 01:45 PM
22$ SNG, We're last 7, blinds 25/50. I'm somewhat below avarage with 1770. Folded to me in MP, with AQo. I raise to 150. Player to my immidiate left (935, loose passive), calls. folded to SB (1350), who raises all-in.

I've seen SB making big raises with TJo from EP, and Q9 from MP after a few limpers. His range of hands now is pretty big, from most aces, to some Kx, QJ, QT, through every PP. I'm definitely dominating a big majority of it.

Folded to me. Is it an easy call? Player to my left will probably fold, because I put him on 86o... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your thoughts?

heyrocker
04-01-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I would, but you know there's a decent percentage of the time you're going to regret it and you just have to be prepared to live with that.

PrayingMantis
04-01-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I would, but you know there's a decent percentage of the time you're going to regret it and you just have to be prepared to live with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But when are you going to regret more: when he shows KK and takes it down when no aces hit, or when he shows QJo and hits a J? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NotMitch
04-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Easy fold. I think you can find a better spot against a player this bad.

ThaSaltCracka
04-01-2004, 02:20 PM
I call this, but maybe I am missing something.
anyone care to explain why this may be a bad call?

David BB
04-01-2004, 02:21 PM
At least he won't be able to bust you if you call - but I think I would fold as well. AQ is no hand to call an all-in with. There are few hands you're a big enough favorite over to risk that many chips.

LetsRock
04-01-2004, 02:53 PM
AQ is a better raising hand than it is a calling hand. If someone's "announcing strength" with a raise, it's not an automatic call with AQ.

In limit, it's pretty easy call (or even raise), but it's not generally considered a great move to put a tourney on the line with a coin toss, which is likely to be the BEST you'll have with AQ when calling a raise.

ThaSaltCracka
04-01-2004, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AQ is a better raising hand than it is a calling hand

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks, I haven't played for about a weak, so the obvious has been slipping from my mind.

XlgJoe
04-01-2004, 03:22 PM
I would normally call. Of coarse my results in the weekly SNGs have been abysmal. This leads me to the conclusion that the correct answer is to fold.

That being said, if you believe that there is such a wide assortment of hands that he would play I still think calling is correct. You are getting almost 2:1 on your call and are only a dog to very few hands.

ThaSaltCracka
04-01-2004, 03:51 PM
he might be a dog to few hands, but he also might be a coinflip to many hands. If he is comfortable with risking his tourney on that, then he should call.