PDA

View Full Version : Bring the pain...

ggano
04-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls $4 (All-In), Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds...

arkady
04-01-2004, 12:21 PM
my first hunch is that you are up against 2 pair, specifically 4 and 5 (maybe a set). If that is correct you still have 8 outs for a redraw, with pot offering you 15 : 1. I would call that turn and see the river, given your position and then base my actions on what sb + utg do there.

PokerBob
04-01-2004, 12:34 PM
I think you have to see the turn with 15BB in the pot.

AviD
04-01-2004, 12:34 PM
SB's CR on the flop looks like a set, maybe two pair.
UTG+1's calls 2 cold TWICE on the flop looks like a nut flush draw (I can't imagine him calling preflop with 67, but its possible).

Unless UTG+1 is an uber loose calling station, chasing overcards or hanging in there with an overpair (although he didn't raise preflop), I'd be very leary of the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif falling on the river, and really like the turn fold because of that. Even though the pot size is large and you are closing the action, you are drawing thin to only one safe card, the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I don't think raising here has any value because you aren't going to push out SB and UTG+1 is obviously coming along looking for any /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

If that read is correct, I really think I like folding here better than calling. You know you are likely behind to SB and don't have much room for improvement here.

mmanne
04-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Don't forget the possibility of a 6-7 flopped straight. I would have dropped on the turn too, but you can at least entertain the idea of one more raise.

matt

AviD
04-01-2004, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB's CR on the flop looks like a set, maybe two pair.
UTG+1's calls 2 cold TWICE on the flop looks like a nut flush draw (I can't imagine him calling preflop with 67, but its possible).

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned that I can't imagine UTG+1 playing 67 from this position...but it is possible indeed.

arkady
04-01-2004, 01:20 PM
If there is a possibility that the SB has 2 pair he is protecting and the UTG is hanging around with overcards or nut flush draw, does the possibility of a redraw not justify this call?

MaxPower
04-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Look under the bed and see if there is a monster.

You have to take into account not only your chances of improving to the best hand, but the chances that you have the best hand.

Why is everyone so quick to put the SB on a monster hand when we don't know anything about him?