PDA

View Full Version : I'd laugh if I weren't crying...

unfrgvn
04-01-2004, 11:28 AM
I know everyone is tired of bad beat stories, but I gotta post this.
Second hand of 10+1 at party. I'm UTG+1 and look down at Q /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Nice. UTG folds and I open raise to 55.
Get 2 middle, one late, and SB callers. Not exactly what I had in mind but lets see what happens. Flop is J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Love this flop for my hand, but don't want spades drawing out on me. I bet 300 into the 290 pot. All fold except the small blind. I have a hard time putting anybody on 2 pair with the pre flop raise and uncoordinated board, I figure he is either on KJ or AJ or 2 spades. Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Looks good to me so I push my remaining 325. He calls and turns over:
6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Yes, after the flop he was 3 to a straight and 3 to a flush and called my 300 bet. The river is of course the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and he straights leaving me with T120. He of course immediatly gives my chips away to the rest of the table, even after making another str8 with 47o. He goes out in 9th followed by me in 8th after my desperation all in gets no help. So if you are at a Party table with Jimlou, look out. He will call any bet with any 2 cards. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, I know we need to take bad beats so that in the long run we get to punish these fools, but couldn't the bad beat have happened to someone else? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I plugged the cards into 2 dimes, I was a 77% favorite pre flop, 89% post flop, and 81% after the turn. Sigh.