PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Radio's Maiden Voyage

04-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Starting at noon (pst) was Al Franken and his female co-host (I didn't catch her name). They were entertaining enough with what you would expect, a lot of goofin' on the opposition. Franken has a pretty dry sense of humor, so giving him a funny/enthusiastic/quick-witted co-host was a good idea. It helped having guests like Michael Moore, democratic Senator Bob Kerry from Nebraska, and Al Gore phoning in. If they can keep a steady flow of celebrities coming/calling in they may do all right, but without 'em....mmmm I don't know.

Their next host from 3pm to 7 is a female host named Randi Rhodes. Where Air America is hoping Al franken will become the Left's next Rush Limbaugh, I guess Ms. Rhodes is suppose to be the next Sean Hannity. Here's what I mean, she starts off her show with guest Ralph Nader, and within two minutes she's screaming at him! She's yelling, "we can't afford you," while Ralph is trying to deny that he cost Al Gore the 2000 election.

She absolutely wouldn't let Nader talk, so guess what? After about 4 or 5 minutes he hung up on her! You could sense her thinking, "What in the hell am I gonna do now for the next 40 minutes?" I quickly grew tired of her filibustering over callers, constantly finishing their sentences, so after about 20 minutes or so I turned her off.

I didn't get a chance to hear Janeane Garofalo, so I was hoping maybe somebody could tell me what they thought of her show. Thanks

GWB
04-01-2004, 11:40 AM
It is sad what these guys are spewing on the radio.

I just wanted to share a letter I got recently from a brother of one of our fine soldiers in Iraq.

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to send a support message out there to all of the troops and to all the families of troops.
My 23 yr old brother PtFc Steven Wilhelm is currently serving his country in Iraq. Though it was hard for us, his family, to know that he was going, and what may lay ahead of him, I have never experienced the pride I felt when I received the letter from Steve that in part read "...by the time you get this we will be in Iraq..." I never knew that fear and pride could survive in such great massess side by side in someones heart. I believe that we have a wonderful country to live in. I believe in our right to free speach. Even to those who spoke out against what my brother was doing. They have the right, given to them by men and women like my brother, to feel that way and say so. But the flip side to that is that we ALSO have the right to SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!! There is so much negative press against our President and our troops.
Stay strong men and women! We love you and support you, and above all "You are our PRIDE!!!"
Just a FYI, my brother sent letters recently stating that even though he has been in Iraq since January, he is asking for special permission to stay in Iraq for at least six more months to help with the rebuilding. And who says we have no future in our young people???!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

nicky g
04-01-2004, 11:46 AM
There are so many elqouent people on the left, it is a terrible shame that people like Michael Moore, who is possibly the smuggest man in the world and writes terrible books (though I still think sections of BFC are very good), and this woman you describe end up being its spokespersons. P'raps we do have to fight fire with fire but I for one have no desire to listen to it. Hope the station as a whole turns out better than you describe.

jcx
04-01-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm having a blast listening to this! Franken has already resorted to doing Stuart Smalley bits - less than 30 minutes into the days' program and he's already out of material. Also, their 1st commercial break had only 3 commercials in it, and one of these was a public service message! I hope then hold it together a while longer, I really enjoyed his Strom Thurmond impression ("My pecker knows no bigotry!"). Alas, without more stations and some sponsors I fear Air America Radio will not see Independence Day.

MaxPower
04-01-2004, 04:45 PM
People don't want to listen to eloquent people. There are plenty of eloquent conservatives, but they don't have top rated radio shows.

jdl22
04-01-2004, 06:04 PM
I agree. They were talking about this show on MSNBC last night. They had Franken, G Gordon Liddy, and some publisher of a talk radio trade journal on Deborah Norville tonight (which isn't a great show btw). The publisher said that many people that listen to Liddy, or Rush Limbaugh are liberals that like to yell at their radio and write nasty letters to them.

What I can't understand is why/how/if the female host type she's referring to are popular. I can't stand to watch or listen to O'Reilly or Hannity because even when I agree with what they're saying they act like total asses. Giving strong opinions is fine even if I disagree but why do they insist on bullying the guests? That makes it not worth watching/listening to me.

Mano
04-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Anyone know if this is avialable through the internet anywhere?

imported_Chuck Weinstock
04-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Here (http://play.rbn.com/?url=airam/airam/live/live.rm&proto=rtsp)

Your Mom
04-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Franken doesn't have any of his own material. Look at his works. One disparages Limbaugh, the other O'Reilly. He has no ability to create, only mock. How long can his show last? Not long, I'm betting.