PDA

View Full Version : How about a stats forum?

Guido
04-01-2004, 06:00 AM
Lately I see a lot of posts about stats in the micro and SS forum and perhaps it's a good idea to put all these posts together in a single forum so the micro and SS forum get a little relieve. I think these forums should be used for talking about hands and strategy, not stats. I also see the same questions over and over again. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm the only one but there are so many posts it's a little of and overload that's why I made this poll.

Thanks,

Guido

NoChance
04-01-2004, 10:43 AM
I like the idea. It would be a place where those kinds of posts would be grouped together so people didn't have to search for old posts.

Guido
04-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes, that was my idea. Because people who buy pokertracker always want to know what there stats tell I thought it would be a good idea to group all these questions together.

Guido

scrub
04-01-2004, 11:39 AM
In one of the few useful posts I've ever seen in the Zoo, MS Sunshine says most of the stuff people want to know.

MS Sunshine's definitive pokertracker post. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=464135&Forum=i net&Words=many%20interesting%20numbers%20to%20look %20at%20in%20&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&L imit=25&Old=allposts&Main=464069&Search=true#Post4 64135)

We don't need more forums, we need to train people to use the archives more.

scrub

astroglide
04-01-2004, 12:20 PM
how about people using the pokertracker forum? :/

NoChance
04-01-2004, 12:38 PM
There is greater participation here. MS Sunshine posted about what he looks for and what the common stats should be in different categories. However, people also want to know how to strive for those stats, how to improve, where to fix leaks, etc. Also, what about short handed? The post by MS is fantastic but so much more can be expanded as well.

Also, why does it have to be all about Poker Tracker stats? It isn't just about Poker Tracker. People also frequently discuss the various stats the sites provide. We have also seen posts made about comparing loose/tight, passive/aggressive win rates with graphs and such. I think this information would be great if all kept in one place.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings any if nothing was changed either but it seems to me newly registered users are always asking "stat" type questions. Why not make it easier to find?

SossMan
04-01-2004, 01:49 PM
There's a probability forum for all the math geeks.

Guido
04-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Stats are something different that probability.