PDA

View Full Version : Someone send me a trophy for the wimpiest fold ever!!!

SlyAK
04-01-2004, 01:15 AM
This is just plain weak.....

2/4 NL 400 max, I have 1,115 and have the table covered. BB is 2nd in chips with about 960, and is the relevant opponent.

I am dealt 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button and limp behind 3 limpers. The SB checks, and BB completes. $24 in pot.

The flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and it is checked to me. I bet $30 to try to charge the draws a bit. The BB raises to $90, and everyone else folds. I call. $204 in pot.

The turn is the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif BB now bets $324... ouch I think, he could have a lower set, or a but for some reason I decide he has the made straight. I think about it and fold???!!!???

Ok, so let me have it. The thing that scared me was the fact he got a free flop from the BB.. He could have T8, or 85 here. But the more I think about it, he probably had a lower set. So, what should I have done?? Probably re-raised on the flop, and been willing to put it in on the turn???

Please let me have it!!!

Sly

SpaceAce
04-01-2004, 01:26 AM
I don't think this is the wimpiest fold ever but even if he does have the straight you have a lot of outs. Did you consider reraising on the flop? The only reason I can see to not reraise is that you're hoping to get a bunch of his money in on the turn which is exactly what happened but you folded.

SpaceAce

SlyAK
04-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Spaceace,

It was a clear re-raise on the flop. My hand is obviously strongest on the flop when I have 2 cards to fill if I am behind. I have NO IDEA why I didnt raise. It was just plain stupid. One factor is that I normally play 1/2, and wasnt used to having so much money at the table, and I played it scared. I think I should have made it 250 or 300 on the flop, and taken it from there.

Sly

SpaceAce
04-01-2004, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Spaceace,

It was a clear re-raise on the flop. My hand is obviously strongest on the flop when I have 2 cards to fill if I am behind. I have NO IDEA why I didnt raise. It was just plain stupid. One factor is that I normally play 1/2, and wasnt used to having so much money at the table, and I played it scared. I think I should have made it 250 or 300 on the flop, and taken it from there.

Sly

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, don't beat yourself up about it too much. If it was just intimidation from the amount of money on the table I'm sure you'll get over it.

SpaceAce

scrub
04-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I've seen worse.

Should have come back on the flop, though.

scrub