PDA

View Full Version : THREAD MOVED

gabyyyyy
04-01-2004, 01:02 AM
MOVED

Dynasty
04-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Please keep the non-poker threads in the "Other Topics" forum where they belong.

Why is this so difficult for somebody with 500+ posts?

Stew
04-01-2004, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please keep the non-poker threads in the "Other Topics" forum where they belong.

Why is this so difficult for somebody with 500+ posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen any of the 500 posts? That will answer your question.

GWB
04-01-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never really understood the distinction between "News, Views, and Gossip" and "Other Topics". "News" and "Gossip" are sort of universal terms. The description on the main index doesn't help either.

Someone please explain?

JoeU
04-01-2004, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never really understood the distinction between "News, Views, and Gossip" and "Other Topics". "News" and "Gossip" are sort of universal terms

[/ QUOTE ]

The title should read "Poker News, Views, Gossip". Other topics should be "Other News, Views, Gossip".

Joe

Dynasty
04-01-2004, 05:01 PM
When the News, Views, and Gossip forum was started a couple years ago, it was made very clear in the initial post by Mason that the forum was for exclusively poker content. For a long time, it worked very well.

It has only been in the last couple months that threads have been regularly spilling over from the Other Topics forum.

GWB
04-02-2004, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When the News, Views, and Gossip forum was started a couple years ago, it was made very clear in the initial post by Mason that the forum was for exclusively poker content. For a long time, it worked very well.

It has only been in the last couple months that threads have been regularly spilling over from the Other Topics forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since this Forum is in the "General Gambling" Category and not the "Poker" Category, it is not self-evident that it should be limited to poker content. After all, "The Stock Market" forum is in this category also - and I doubt it has much poker content.

Nonetheless, I will follow the "poker content only" rule, but we can't expect a newbie to not make a mistake in choosing to post in this forum.