PDA

View Full Version : how does a 3 player game with blinds work?

megamike23
03-31-2004, 11:25 PM
I was trying to teach someone how blinds work with one other person who thought they knew what they were doing. (we were playing holdem.) We had person A be the dealer, B was to the left of A, and C was to the left of C. I said that B would post the small blind, C would post the big blind, and A, the dealer would be the first to act (preflop). Also, B would recieve the 1st and 4th card,C would get the 2nd and 5th, and the dealer, A, would recieve the 3rd and 6th card. Did I do this correctly? the other person thinks that the dealer should have recieved the first card or something strange like that.

Thanks

Catch of the Day
04-01-2004, 12:12 AM
Nope

Left of the dealer is first to act preflop (he has the small blind and is dealt to first). The player 2 spots left of the dealer, or to the dealers right has the Big blind and is next to act in position (This player is dealt too second). The dealer is the last to act in position and posts no blind. He deals himself lastly.

Hope this helped,

Catch-

BookOfIcculus
04-01-2004, 12:43 AM
Catch, I think that the dealer is 1st to act preflop and last to act post. Everthing else is correct tho.