PDA

View Full Version : Big Pot

Homer
03-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Douchebag is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Douchebag raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 3-bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Douchebag caps, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $2 (All-In), MP2 raises, MP3 folds, Douchebag 3-bets, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (18.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Douchebag checks.

River: (18.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB bets, BB calls, MP2 folds, Douchebag calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between Douchebag, SB, BB and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (14.50 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 7 BB, between Douchebag, SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 6h 9h (two pair, nines and sixes).
BB shows 4h 6s (one pair, sixes).
UTG+1 shows Kc As (one pair, kings).
Douchebag shows Ac Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins 21.50 BB. </font>

jasonHoldEm
03-31-2004, 08:44 PM
Hmmm...this one made me think.

At first I was suprised you'd cap it preflop, but given the fact the limp-reraise came from a shortstack and gave you the opportunity to make it two more cold to the blinds I think it's a good play.

The flop isn't great, I guess it could be argued it didn't hit anyone, but if it did you're probably pretty far behind (possible straight, set, 2 pair, etc). I'm not sure if I'd continue with this much aggression with just an overcard draw...it did end up scoring you a free card, but do you really feel you'll win enough of the time drawing to overs to make this a profitable play? I'm willing to lay this down when it's two bets to me on the flop rather than try and chase (unless my reads on the players involved are way out of the ordinary). Maybe I'm too conservative.

Peace,
Jason

Quackpot
03-31-2004, 09:10 PM
The 3bet on the flop is surprising. Useful if you are looking to establish an image maybe. And it did save you 1/2 bb on the turn. I probably would have called the flop and folded the turn to a bet, being a quasi-fish trying to evolve. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

sthief09
03-31-2004, 09:17 PM
6 way capped pre-flop. I like the 3-bet with the intention of taking a free card. Unfortunately there's going to be a lot of Ax and Kx that paired their kickers.

but I don't think that makes you a douchebag. SB and BB are the douchebags

MaxPower
03-31-2004, 09:43 PM
C'mon Homer, you didn't put the SB on Biglick? What's happened to your hand reading abilities?

Seriously, I usually wouldn't cap pre-flop, but other than that you did what needed to be done.

MaxPower
03-31-2004, 10:12 PM
Jason,

How big does the pot need to be for you to call or raise the flop?

Mike Gallo
03-31-2004, 10:46 PM
I love the way you played this hand. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Gotta love the love hand 69 hearts...it was sooooooted

jasonHoldEm
04-01-2004, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How big does the pot need to be for you to call or raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe I'm over-reacting...you're getting 13.5 for your call and two overs (six outs) are ~7:1, so you're getting good money. My concern here isn't the size of the pot, it's whether my hand is going to be good if I hit it. There's a limp-reraise (granted it came from a short stack, but I still think this should be of some concern), and now MP2 who only called preflop is betting into the preflop capper. If UTG+1 has a big pair AA/KK then we're essentially playing for the side pot, and MP2 seems to be saying he likes his hand at this point by betting into us.

I'll change my tune and say that calling isn't really an option on the flop, you must fold or three-bet to limit the field / get a free card like homer did. My decsion one way or the other would be based more on the reads of those who have already bet in front of me and how likely it is I can elimiate the rest of the field (or even some of them) with a raise. Against unknowns, I'd probably lean towards folding because I'm generally more conservative in situations like this with a large field and this type of flop.

Please feel free to blast my ideas, I'd like to get some input.

jHE