PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Commerce question

03-12-2002, 02:49 AM
I'll be making a trip to the Commerce soon and was wondering about Omaha 8 games. What limits are played, average number of players seeing flops and any other info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm interested in 15/30 or better, if any. Also interested in 7stud Hi/Lo. And, how is the new hotel?

thanks in advance, Dennis

03-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Don't know about the Omaha-8 games, if I stop in today, I'll check it out. There is a 7-stud hi-low game, usually 20-40, during the day. I don't play the game, so I can't vouch for it, but it seems there are some juicy players in the game. Don't think they play stud hi-lo for other stakes, but again, if I get a chance, I'll let you know.

The new hotel is, I'm told, a typical Crowne Plaza. New, clean and basic. I think people generally pay around $79 a night.

03-12-2002, 08:36 PM
they seem to usually have a 20-40 omaha 8 game. im not sure about higher. i think ive heard them spread a 40-80 on weekends. you should definitely call, or maybe post on the other games forum?

03-12-2002, 11:44 PM
I asked about the Omaha 8 game today. They had no "big" game going; the biggest they normally spread is 9-18. There was one name on the board to try to start a 20-40 at 1:00; there were 3 names at 4:00. I was told they usually only get it going "during tournaments." This info. came from the day shift, so maybe they're not well informed about what happens at night.

There were 2 20-40 hi-lo stud games going today.

Hope this helps.

03-13-2002, 04:31 PM
No one gambles in the bigger limit Omaha games, that is why they fail to go most of the time. The only reason they got the one here in Vegas is that the same 6 or 7 players play it almost everyday. You watch, once the WSOP starts the game will never go because those players will be over at Binions playing 50-100. Someone told me the Commerce 9-18 game is pretty tight, all the action players go to the hold-em tables. I think the nature of Omaha HL is such that its never going to make it much beyond a tournament side game or a 4-8 to 6-12 regular game.