PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with Lawrence Phillips?

08-20-2002, 09:33 PM
Why can't this guy just focus on slashing and burning?

http://msn.espn.go.com/otherfb/news/2002/0819/1419973.html

I really believed him to be better than Eddie George the year George won the Heisman.

The only explanation I can come up with for his failure is not that nobody ever wanted him, and he grew up in the home for boys, yada yada yada, but that he has a scar on is brain tissue from a concussion which makes it physically impossible for him to do the right thing.

eLROY

08-21-2002, 01:53 PM
just a comment:

I went to OSU and was glad for Eddie George when he won the Heisman, I never expected he would get it. Presently, after last year I feel is pro career is over -- I hope I'm wrong. Also....

I live in Orange County Ca -- I believe Lawerence Phillips went to high school around here (somewhere close by in LA or Oange County). Phillips not unlike Mike Tyson, Sonny Liston (etc.) -- these type guys seem to et lots of help along the way from friends who hope they can change their ways and make it in society. But for some reason they have a hard time changing and they always seem to somehow screwup. I have met (maybe a half dozen at least) poker playing losers like this over the years who go ape once they have a few bucks in their pocket. They always blow it....

08-22-2002, 07:51 AM
What the hell does this do with Poker? Need a shrink?

08-22-2002, 12:06 PM
Does it affect your game?

eLROY