PDA

View Full Version : My first HAT TRICK!

04-19-2002, 01:25 AM
Wasting away the morning at the Horseshoe yesterday. Playing a little 4-8he. Kinda goofy lineup. There's a 5-10 PL Omaha player in the game. 2 10-20 players coupla tourists, an off duty dealer, etc.

This particular hand comes up.

6 players limp to me in SB with 67s. I call, BB checks.

Flop: 9,6,3,

I announce "check-raise" and all check to the cutoff who bets, button calls, and I go ahead and check raise. Not for any real reason other then I said I would and maybe I'll get a free play to the river if overcards muck and one falls on the turn. Everyone mucks to cutoff and he & button both call.

Turn: 6

I announce "checkraise" and cutoff bets again. Button folds and I do checkraise again. He calls.

River: A

The board has backed into a 3-flush. I check and he bets again. I figure he may have A9, but not 99, 33, or anything else that I can't beat with the slight chance he actually has AA and filled. He's a tourist and not real tricky so I go for the hat trick and check-raise the river. He calls. My hand is good. I get applause for a hat trick! Funny, I've seen it maybe 1-2 times but never tried it. Lucky? yes I was. Even the tourist was laughing a bit. good natured guy.

Tho he did ask if I try it again would I try it on somebody else. /images/wink.gif

04-19-2002, 01:38 AM
Nice story. I've never had that balls to go for more than 2 in one hand, but my good friend has multiple times. His "big goal" is to limp-reraise (preflop checkraise) and checkraise the other 3 streets.