PDA

View Full Version : flopped straight against a paired board and flush

04-18-2002, 08:33 PM
4-8 game very loose and occasionally bordering on agressive, mostly due to two players sitting next to eachother in the CO and the button on this hand (not maniacs, but often quite agressive). I look down from the SB to see QTo 5 limp to me, I complete, BB knuckles. 7 to see the flop.

Flop comes Jd Ks 9d Holy perfect cards batman! a flopped nut straight. I bet. BB folds, then called to CO who raises. Button reraises. Hmmm...I cap. Lose two more players. 4 see the turn.

Turn is Jc Well crap I think. I bet. MP folds (just me CO and button now) CO raises again, button just calls this time. I hesitate and decide to reraise. CO and button both call. 3 of us to the river.

River comes 4d Double crap! I check, CO bets, button and I both call. This hand has been bugging me for the past day and I'm not sure I played it too well. All opinions welcome. Results and reasoning below...

CO turns over K9o for two pair. Button turns over 9To for bottom pair and a gutshot draw and I take down the pot. Man that hand almost gave me a heart attack.

I deffinately liked my chances at the start of the hand. I debated for a second and decide to fast play the hand because of the two flush and the number of people in to see the flop. The raise and reraise got me thinking. I decided a set was unlikely (although still not immediately threatening to me). I had seen both of these players raise hands like 66 or 88 from any position, so I'm sure I would have had prior warning. one may have had a draw, but they usually followed (despite their agressiveness) the typical LL tendency of checking their draws until they hit. Thus I figured I could fairly confidently put them on either top pair or maybe two pair. The Jack on the turn really scared me, but I decided to put in that second raise to see just where I stood. When they simply called, I was pretty sure neither had a full house. The diamond on the river also scared me. Enough that I decided betting would be foolhardy. I called the bet on the end of course because of the pot size. Comments again, are very welcome.

04-19-2002, 01:02 AM
I think you played it quite well.

04-19-2002, 11:27 AM