PDA

View Full Version : was the flop fold ok or not?

Noodles
03-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Party Poker</a> 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: noodles is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">noodles raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">noodles bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font> (this guy wasnt particurlarly aggressive ), MP2 calls, SB folds, noodles folds ,ok i folded as i though he is not on a flush or str8 draw and why would he raise if he was? and i doubt he would 2 raise the pf better with less than 2 ks).
Was the fold ok?

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, won by UTG.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by UTG.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG doesn't show.
Outcome: UTG wins 9.50 BB. </font>

Ralph Wiggum
03-31-2004, 02:35 PM
I think the fold is a good move, since you believe the player wasn't overly aggressive. Also MP2 calls2, so that would definitely convince me to fold.

Noodles
04-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Although some tricky ones might try the raise with a str8 draw to chrage flush draws,hhhmmmmmm

Quackpot
04-01-2004, 09:58 AM
I might reraise here to make sure I'm dead. If someone caps I fold. You showed strength preflop, so a raise may change their mind about their hand. You are in trouble if they call so check fold the turn barring a Q.

On the other hand, folding here isn't a bad option either.

scrub
04-01-2004, 10:56 AM
I think a muck is a good play here.

This is Party, so there's no way you're pushing either player off of any K.

Some of the time that you catch your Q on the turn, you're going to wish you hadn't.

There are a ton of cards that you hate to see even if your pair is good right now.

You're going to be playing out of position against a draw that you can't identify and an aggressor whose raises signify strength for the rest of the hand.

Letting it go is the right play.

3-betting the flop sort of ties you on to calling fishing for a Q which you might not want to catch.

scrub

Quackpot
04-01-2004, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a muck is a good play here.

This is Party, so there's no way you're pushing either player off of any K.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point!

LA_Price
04-01-2004, 11:16 AM
I think you can call and check/fold the turn here if you don't pick up a straight draw or your queen. You could also try betting into him again on the turn and folding if he reraises. Just some ideas.

Cheers,
Luke

scrub
04-01-2004, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can call and check/fold the turn here if you don't pick up a straight draw or your queen. You could also try betting into him again on the turn and folding if he reraises. Just some ideas.

Cheers,
Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

In retrospect, probably better not to show you're capable of folding on the flop. Call and then check/fold a non-favorable turn card.

Be wary of putting in too many bets with QQQ if coldcaller comes to life.

scrub