PDA

View Full Version : Continued poor play on bubble

aslowjoe
03-31-2004, 12:14 PM
I finished my 200th sng 10NLHE on party yesterday. My results are.
200-26-21-29-34.
As you can see I am have trouble when it gets to 3-4. I believe I am playing too conservative and fold too much pre flop. When at 4 I usually play any ace any 2 face cards. I don't play connectors under jt and and don't play suited cards that do not match above. Also if anybody is already in I will only enter with premium hands.Any comments will help.

David BB
03-31-2004, 12:56 PM
When you say you play any ace and any two face cards do you mean you limp with these or do you raise them? And how much do you raise?

jedi
03-31-2004, 04:24 PM
Your stack size and table image has something to do with the way you should be playing later in the tournament. When you have a big stack, don't be afraid to be a little looser and bully people around, assuming you can get away from a hand if played back at. If you've been playing tight, hopefully other players will notice and you can steal with trash. Remember, hand values change as you go from a full table down to 4-5 players.

If you're a short stack, then you'll just have to find a hand to go all-in with. Limping in instead of raising is rarely correct.

Gap theory is also key, so not calling raises without premium hands is a good thing. Remember, you can make money by simply watching other stacks go at it.

aslowjoe
03-31-2004, 05:06 PM
Depend on who I am playing against and how big my stack but on average probably 2x.