PDA

View Full Version : US SnG results

t_perkin
03-31-2004, 06:39 AM
Nobody seems to have posted them... and the Doc and Vinny were both not around?

So here you go:

1: KURN (Cranston), $72.00 (40%)
2: Wadd (Winona), $54.00 (30%)
3: Ruddiger (Sammamish), $36.00 (20%)
4: FloppedFlush (Alexandria), $18.00 (10%)
5: heyrocker (Chicago),
6: MobyDick (København),
7: thomastem (Marengo),
8: mm12mm3 (Bethlehem),
9: XlgJoe (lindley),
10: skaboomizzy (Tampa),
11: NotMitch (Somerville),
12: DaGrifter (Milford),
13: C.M. Burns (Davis),
14: Husker66 (Fort Worth),
15: codewarrior (Mentor),
16: Shub314 (Victoria),
17: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri),
18: wayabvpar (Bellevue),

I would tell you something about this tournament but as you can see I put in a truly abysmal performance.
I am going to stop playing the US games - I have learnt everything I can from playing these: "Don't play tired" /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad to see Thomastem the hired assassin did not manage to finish higher than William /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats to Kurn !

Tim

XlgJoe
03-31-2004, 09:29 AM
Good game Kurn. Also good job preventing the Euro invaders from winning, and getting swelled heads.

Kurn, son of Mogh
03-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks. I was getting reasonable cards most of the night. We were four handed for a while, then I knocked out the other 3 in the space of 4 hands. Nothing like getting the right cards at the right time.

DrPhysic
03-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah, The Doc got lost.

One of the liabilities to my work is that I am on call 24/7/365 and if somebody's industrial automation computer system goes down, I am instantly gone to get it fixed and get his plant running again. Happened last night.

I am pleased at the turnout. I recognize 17 of the 18 as 2+2ers. Congrats Kurn.

Doc /images/graemlins/mad.gif

William
03-31-2004, 10:18 AM
Want to go full time, master the sitngo. Less grind and less variance.

Doc, no shame in admitting you chickened out (ok, a little shame perhaps) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kurn, congrats. 12½ % danish is good enough, the invasion has begun /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wad
03-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Congrats Kurn!

I was stuck as the short stack most of the night and managed a few suckouts when I needed them the most. I think the worst one was my KJo vs. heyrocker's AK (I'd tell you I'm sorry heyrocker but I'm not). /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kurn seemed a little annoyed that the short stack just wouldn't go away too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just kidding you guys!

Had a good time and hope to play every week if my schedule allows it.

XlgJoe
03-31-2004, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am pleased at the turnout. I recognize 17 of the 18 as 2+2ers. Congrats Kurn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe there were a couple of 2+2 players that couldn't get in as it filled very fast.

Kurn, son of Mogh
03-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Kurn, congrats. 12½ % danish is good enough

Mix with 50% Irish & 37.5% Italian, then throw in my grandson who adds Portuguese and African to the mix and you get.......a human!!

William
03-31-2004, 01:50 PM
Mix with 50% Irish & 37.5% Italian

No, no, there is no backing out now.
I can see you are practically nothing else than European. Were you kidnapped and sailed to the states as a child?

Nevermind, I think we can oficially declare that the Second US. SNG was won by an exiled inhabitant of the old continent /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
03-31-2004, 01:54 PM
are there any hands to talk about or what?
I am living vicariously through you guys with this one as I was unable to make it because of softball practice

PrayingMantis
03-31-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nevermind, I think we can oficially declare that the Second US. SNG was won by an exiled inhabitant of the old continent /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit that this is quite funny, since the Euro SNG winner, and leader of the Euro leaderboard, is actually not a European, but an Israeli, who holds an American passport! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

On the other hand, my grandparents all came from eastern Europe, Poland and Ukraine, so I have some deep roots in the old continent.

Anyway, as for the SNGs, I'm proud to be a European, side by side with the best of them all: William, Byron, Perkin, and others, against our villains, the AMERICANS!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: Anybody mentioned identity problems? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jedi
03-31-2004, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Kurn seemed a little annoyed that the short stack just wouldn't go away too. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I arrived home about 5 minutes too late to join the SnG, but watched most of the action while I got into my own SnG. Good thing too. Lots more dead money where the other game was. I was almost dead myself, with 400 in chips and in 12th place out of 12 people before my A6 sucked out against A8 and AJ tripling me up. I was rooting for Wad, who was in a very similar situation as I. We both made comebacks. He finished 2nd, I finished 3rd in my game.

ohkanada
03-31-2004, 02:41 PM
Congrats Kurn,

I was planning to play but totally forgot and instead was playing some NL on Ultimate. Maybe next week.

Ken Poklitar

ThaSaltCracka
03-31-2004, 03:45 PM
hehe this is pretty damn funny too.

AleoMagus
03-31-2004, 05:50 PM
Well, here are this week's North American Leaderboard Results

Bear in mind that this week, as well as maybe another couple weeks, our leaderboard will not look too impressive. In order to qualify to be listed, players must play at least two events

1 heyrocker - 110 pts
2 Shub314 - 69 pts
3 thomastem - 50 pts
4 XlgJoe - 41 pts
5 t_perkin 2+2 - 31 pts
6 skaboomizzy - 30 pts

Obviously for now this may not be the best representation for how players are doing and we are no doubt leaving a few players off who have accumulated significant points totals. KURN for example has 100 pts after yesterday's win. As the weeks accumulate and we eventually slip into an ongoing ten week total, this will start to really take shape as it should

Regards,
Brad S

AleoMagus
03-31-2004, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe there were a couple of 2+2 players that couldn't get in as it filled very fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something of a concern for those players who want to actively take part in the leaderboard.

Remember, if it gets much more popular and we start playing second games, I will allow points to be earned from a second game so long as at least half the players in the game are 2+2. Keep in mind also that if you play in more than just the main game, you will only earn points from your best finish, not both

Regards,
Brad S