PDA

View Full Version : too passive?

04-18-2002, 01:53 AM
On line 2-4, moderate line-up.

Im in the small blind with ATo, 3 limpers, I complete, and the BB checks.

Flop Ac - 7h - 4h

I bet, BB folds, Loose tricky player raises, everybody folds back to me and I call.

With a two suited board, does anybody three bet here?

Turn 5h (Ac - 7h - 4h)

I check, and he checks. Now, if he didn't like the flush card, did he check because he was afraid that I liked the flush, or is he setting a trap here by checking a made flush, or if he doesn't have a flush, does that mean that his Ace is bigger than mine?

River Jd (Ac 7h 4h 5h)

I check, he checks, and my hand is good. HH shows that he had A3 of diamonds. Now I gave him a free turn and showdown when he was behind, anybody put in any more bets than I did? or was I going to be behind often enough so that I should be checking this down?

Thanks for your responses,

Bob T.

04-18-2002, 03:11 AM
You should lead the turn. If raised, you can safely muck. If called, then check with the intention of calling the river. You will find that your opponents fold a high % of the time if you stop and go on this board. They will (correctly) figure that you either have them outkicked, or you have the flush. You will on occassion even get a bigger ace to fold.

Once he checks the turn, you must value bet the river when a blank hits. If he had AJ, you were screwed anyways, and there is no way he has AK or AQ the way this hand played out. Bet.