PDA

View Full Version : Is the Rock the next....

ThaSaltCracka
03-31-2004, 02:26 AM
great action hero?
Lets be honest, all of the great action heroes in the past now suck.
Arnold? Old and now a politician.
Sly? Sly who, he has sucked for a looooooong time
Van Damme? LOL

anyways I think this guy will be the next big thing. His last movie "The Rundown" was fairly entertaining, and the action was awesome and ferocious. I think his new movie "Walking Tall" will be good as well.

BTW, I am not a fan of WWE or wrestling.

*Ryan_21*
03-31-2004, 03:04 AM
I am a fan of WWE wresting, but that put aside, I think the Rock IS the next big Action Star. He has been in four major movies. 3 of which he was the primary star in. The Scorpion King was great IMO, The Rundown was even better, I bought the DVD this tuesday, the first day it came out. I've watch it atleast 6 times since, and I cant wait till "Walking Tall"

And its not like Im a huge Rock fan (I actually prefer Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, and Rick Flair), I just think he is a very good actor and very good at choosing the "right" roles to portray on film. He is definately the biggest action star right now, IMO.

Ryan_21

ThaSaltCracka
03-31-2004, 03:14 AM
I think he is going to blow up. He has charisma, a pretty good actor, but his strong point is his action scenes. WOW!!!!! they are pretty fuckin sweet. Watch out, the Rock is coming to a theater near you.

banditbdl
03-31-2004, 03:27 AM
I rented the Rundown and watched it with my bro last week. It was tremendous. Rock was excellent, Stifler was well... Stifler, and Walken was in absolutly top form, one of the most satisfying popcorn flicks I've seen in a while.

"Do they understand the conn-cept of the Tooth Fairy"

*Ryan_21*
03-31-2004, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Do they understand the conn-cept of the Tooth Fairy"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahhahaha, that scene was funny as heck. This post brought a smile to my tearfull eyes.

Stifler was the shiznick in that movie. Him and the Rock together was the perfect casting for a movie. And I love Christopher Walken, perfect cast for a bad guy in any movie. IMO. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ryan_21

*Ryan_21*
03-31-2004, 03:51 AM
No doubt, the Rock is gonna be the shiznick in the near future, watch out.

That first scene in the Rundown was off the hook. I can't get that song out of my head when the guy throws champagne and yagermeister in his face then he gets up and the song says: Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go.

Absolutely brilliant!

Ryan_21

DonWaade
03-31-2004, 05:09 AM
I dont know about all this Rock crap but I will second the thoughts of all Christopher Walken fans. He is the consumate bad guy. Every movie I watch with him featured, I have to watch again. Especially Poolhall Junkies. "Did I stutter, a minute ago it was like a poolhall . . . "

Gamblor
03-31-2004, 11:30 AM
The Rock says he can't be any worse than Hogan was.

If ya smellalalalalalaowwww! what the rock! is! cookin!

namknils
03-31-2004, 11:59 AM
I may be wrong, but isn't it Christopher Walken's birthday today? I beleive it is. Great actor.

And also, I do think the Rock is the next big action hero.

ThaSaltCracka
03-31-2004, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know about all this Rock crap

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the same thing when Scorpion King came out, but then I saw the preview for the Rundown and it looked hella funny, so I saw it. It was a lot better than I thought. You should check out his movie, you'll probably be pleasently surprised.

*Ryan_21*
03-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Actually it is! When I read your post, I immediately turned to the second page of the Tampa Tribune, they always list celebrity birthdays. Sure enough it says, Christoper Walken 61.

Ryan_21

krazyace5
04-01-2004, 03:07 AM
Walking Tall is a remake and based on a true story. I remember watching the original, which I liked. Rocks version should be great. One thing I do not remember, does his character die at the end?

CCass
04-01-2004, 09:21 AM
The new Walking Tall starring The Rock is very loosely based on the real life of Sherrif Buford Pusser from Mcnairy County in TN. The original Walking Tall (starring Joe Don Baker, 1973) is much closer to the truth. Buford Pusser died in a car "accident".

ApolloQuiet
04-02-2004, 07:08 PM
I'm a huge WWE fan, and love The Rock's character. But in all honesty, I've never been impressed by any of the movies he's been in. I don't blame him though, turning down $2 million a year in wrestling, where there is a ton of physical wear and tear, versus $10 million per movie, where there is a ton less physical threat, and a lot more fame.

I can't wait to see how he does in his next role in the sequel to Get Shorty. He plays a gay bodyguard for John Travolta.

Simon Diamond
04-06-2004, 04:28 PM
Does anybody think the Rock's popularity in the WWE has wained since he took these movie roles?

I notice when he returns these days, he doesn't get anywhere near the same pop he used to get in the days when he had major feuds with the likes of Triple H. Do people see him in a different light now, or is it simply that other players have took his place in professional wrestling?

Simon

Happy days, drunken rock bottoms and peoples elbows in the bar...

*Ryan_21*
04-06-2004, 10:44 PM
The Rock came back 2 Mondays before WrestleMania XX and had one of the biggest ovations I've ever seen. The people love him and still consider him one of the top 5 stars in WWE, IMO.

Simon, sorry if this sounds ignorant, but do you guys really get WWE Raw over there in England? I guess that probably does sound ignorant, b/c the stars are always going over sea's to do shows and promotions, silly me /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ryan_21

Simon Diamond
04-06-2004, 11:10 PM
We get tapings of both Raw and Smackdown!, Raw is aired on Friday nights, Smackdown! on Saturday nights. We also get all the PPVs, and you dont have to pay extra to view some of them (it is all on satellite television).

I missed the Rock's comeback, I just caught his match at WMXX and thought he didn't get much of a pop.

Out of interest, who is in your top 5?

Simon

*Ryan_21*
04-07-2004, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I missed the Rock's comeback, I just caught his match at WMXX and thought he didn't get much of a pop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he didnt. The match at WMXX was bs, and didnt live up to the hype. 2 weeks before was off the chain tho when Rock came back to join Mick Foley and reunite the Rock and Sock connection.

[ QUOTE ]
Out of interest, who is in your top 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, MY, top 5 would be:

1. Definately Stone Cold Steve Austin. (F*ck Fear, Drink Beer)
2. HHH The Game. I know he is a bad guy but you gotta respect his career in its entirerty (sp?)
3. Shawn Micheals. Definately a legend.
4. The Rock. He doesnt come around often but is still a major player.
5. I'd like to put Mick Foley here, but since he just recently came back from a 3 1/2 year retirement I'd probably go with, The UnderTaker. He's making a big comeback. Hasnt been on Smackdown since WMXX, but should be showing his face rather soon.

If I wanted to round out MY top 10 it would be:

6. Mick Foley
7. Rick Flair, old as hell, but yes, still wrestles.
8. Chris Benoit. Current Heavyweight Champ.
9. Chris Jericho. Raw is Jericho, seems to be getting a big push recently.
10.Bill Goldberg. Hasnt been on since WMXX also, but should be resurfacing soon and is friggin huge (literly).

Ryan_21

Simon Diamond
04-07-2004, 02:25 AM
I think that Bill Goldberg may well have followed Brock Lesnar out of the WWE, according to some of the sites I have been reading recently. No great loss in my opinion.

I can't pick a top 5, but I have like Taker and Austin for years, John Cena being my favourite of the newer crop.

Simon

*Ryan_21*
04-07-2004, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
John Cena being my favourite of the newer crop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True dat, Cena is the shiznick right now on Smackdown.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that Bill Goldberg may well have followed Brock Lesnar out of the WWE

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you heard this and what have you heard? I haven't heard anything. Where could Goldberg possibly have gone? He already tryed his hand in the NFL and failed? honestly curious to the rumors, please enlighten me!

Ryan_21

Simon Diamond
04-07-2004, 08:12 AM
Rumours on www.nodq.com (http://www.nodq.com), apparently he hasn't signed a new contract.

Simon

*Ryan_21*
04-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Sweet site Simon. Although the pop-ups are a pain in the arse. Thanks tho.

Ryan_21

astroglide
04-07-2004, 05:18 PM
i like ron perlman better